Neptune Aquatics

local sources for mini carpet anemones?

joe and karson at aquatic collection have 2 small blue carpets..not sure if they are minis, but if they are not, im sure they can get there hands on some..

I've got plenty of mini carpets just too much of a pain to get them off. I think IBN is looking for maxi-minis.

Yup, maxi-minis. I actually have a few of those minis in the tank and am expecting a ATL red mini sometime in the next two weeks. I might put a couple of the standard minis into DBTC soon.

$40 for a mini carpet? Dang that's like 4x what I paid 4 years ago. given the right conditions they'll breed like M A D !!!

Everything is so expensive now.. Not too long ago, cleaner shrimp is only $10. Peppermint is like $6. Hard to find a place that sell them for that price. This hobby is getting more and more expensive :(..

Those are wild items and should be costly, these are a easily propagated item all ready tanked for years ;)

FWIW cleaner shrimp sholud be $30. If you knew what it went through to get here and what that one actually does to the wild population you'd stop buying them. They are very little help to your fish, but a very big help to fish on the reef.

If you remind me before the next meeting (frag swap??) I can bring you one of the mini-carpets, I haven't looked into my softy tank in a while... being on the floor, and the coraline hamper that activity... but I'm sure I got a few in there that just keep splitting and growing.

All About Fish had a blue carpet about 12" and it shrunk to about 3"-4" if that counts. I'm not sure if they still have it but it didn't look to good last time I saw it. Sometimes they get in a lot of carpets.

Back