Jestersix

Look what i found in my little tank(monti eating nudi pics)

LordHelmet

Supporting Member
i was scraping the glass of my little 37 gal when something caught my eye.
IMG_0055.jpg

here it is on my mexi-jet mod to give you an idea of size. si right away i picked up one of my mini monti cap colonies and right away saw 2 now that i knew what i was looking for.

so now my question is should i dip every monti i have even though i saw this nudi not on the monti and hope i get them all the first time? or do i get to do dips for the next month (till the swap. shhh.)?

dipping will only kill/stun the adults but not the eggs (afaik). You just need to be diligent and check your corals regularly for a bit. I'm not sure what the incubation period is for monti eggs, but if you find out, I would be checking for at least 2+ cycles. If you dip, dip for 2 cycles. Of course, I haven't had to battle them, but that is what I would do.

yeah i knew it wouldn't kill them, so i am planning on having a nice long battle with them. oh well. looks like BAR may get 20$ from me in august.

Dip with some kind of iodine dip and scrub with a tooth brush. No jokes about me being a dentist Jeremy.

i just got rid of my sixline in hopes of getting a "prettier" wrasse of some kind in the future, so know go on that.

dip dip and more dip.

That's the stuff that can kill the eggs right?

Chris, I have a thread from when I had mine too. I just sucked them out as I saw them, mainly at night once the lights were out. I think that went on for about 2 weeks if I recall. Here is the thread.
http://www.bareefers.org/discussion/index.php?topic=3556.0

Doesn't kill all the eggs even w/the potassium permanganate.

MEN are annoying as hell, but they do look kind of fascinating up close.
nudi_050208a.jpg

It wont kill all the eggs...some you have to scrape off by hand...its a huge PITA..

I had to dip most of my montis atleast 4-5 times before no signs of them were present...i still have most of the montis sitting in a buddies frag tank..

some montis took to the treatment well, some browned out and are in recovery, and others died days after the Tx...playing with the strengths is a little difficult, but it does help in nuking the little bastards...

I tried iodine dips and they seem to be effective as well..it does nothing to the eggs though..

[quote author=LordHelmet link=topic=4055.msg48571#msg48571 date=1215568922]
I'm not to happy with the dipping part as most of my monties are kinda pissed from the recent move
[/quote]

I didn't dip anything Chris. I just sucked them up nightly and inspected the underside of all my monti's daily.

Back