got ethical husbandry?

Looking for the I-word... ;)

sfsuphysics

Supporting Member
Finished taking some macro shots of some corals, montiporas mostly... however one that's curling around a very light colored acro and I saw it... orange body, red head... red bugs...

Anyone happen to have a tablet or two I can buy off them? I want to do multiple doses to make sure I get these boogers. Although catching my cleaner shrimp might be problematic...

Oh yeah here's some pictures for those who are curious what they look like.

FYI, they're too for me to see with my eye unless the contrast is just perfect, plus these seem a little smaller than ones I had before. Click on the images to see full sized versions, especially the 3rd image down, that coral is absolutely infested with them, more so than other corals.

Attached files /attachments/sites/default/files/RB1.jpg /attachments/sites/default/files/RB2.jpg /attachments/sites/default/files/RB3.jpg /attachments/sites/default/files/RB5.jpg

Sorry Bryan, I didn't find out until today... they really are too small for me to see and only with a zoomed macro could I pick up on them.

Yeah easily solvable, the non easy part is going to be trying to capture the cleaner shrimp in there.. and a peppermint shrimp I think (I think because I rarely see him).

Probably not reefy of me to say but you are probably going to wreak more havoc in your tank trying to get them out then just taking a chance and doing it with them in.

Yeah I was thinking that way too... however being as those shrimp are sneaky little ravenous bastards, I probably could rig up some trap and squirt in some mysis or something and yank them that way at night when the fish are sleeping.

oooh ohh i like this game...

Here's my clue

British Guy: Ah, the Dauntless is the power in these waters, true enough, but there’s no ship that can match the _______ for speed.
Jack Sparrow: I’ve heard of one, supposed to be very fast, nigh un-catchable…the Black Pearl.
Other British Guy:
Well…there’s no real ship that can match the ______.
British Guy:
The Black Pearl is a real ship.

49763-26015.gif
29889-26015.gif

Sorry, don't have any tablets myself, good luck on the search!

Thanks all, someone was nice enough to give me some so I'll see about catching those shrimp or if it'll just be easier to take the chance and simply not go for the overdose amount... IIRC 1 pill treats 400 gallons.

I didn't remove my cleaner shrimp (couldn't find him) so he/she got dosed. It/she/he got what I would call brain damage. Lived for another year but always jerked it's head back and forth. It/he/she took the short bus to my tank every day :(

Back