Kessil

Mangrove starts

FINALLY!!!!

I was just poking around their website and found it. Seemed like a good link to give others in this thread. It didn't give me any new info though :(

I actually bought this "book" back when it was sold. Now it's a free PDF found here:
A Guide to the
Ecology and Care of
M a n g ro v e s .
by Julian Sprung

http://www.twolittlefishies.com/images/mangrove_manual.pdf

Anyone from the south bay (San Jose) or close by going to the meeting? If so would you mind picking up a couple for me? I have to work most saturdays so i cant make it. Hopefully My sats free up by next month. I will gladly reimburse part of your gas for making the drive.

melly mel said:
Anyone from the south bay (San Jose) or close by going to the meeting? If so would you mind picking up a couple for me? I have to work most saturdays so i cant make it. Hopefully My sats free up by next month. I will gladly reimburse part of your gas for making the drive.

If someone is willing to do this I have a purple monti for melly mel also. Let me know.

melly mel said:

I need to go by Max's, then Tylers on my way back today. I could deliver to you at one of those locations. I'm sure Max would hold it for you until you got to his place. I'll PM my cell to you.

melly mel said:

I didn't see you post early enough. I could have help you. :(

Mine are just now showing new growth after getting acclaimated for 3 months. I wonder if that is typical. I am experimenting with not using mud or substate. My starts are held in place by the LR. My nutrient level is kept pretty high so there sound be sufficient for the Mangroves. My light source is a 5100K flood. I've also noticed very slow growth of my Chaeto in the fuge, however, shrooms on the LR are doing very well "down there" so who knows? :~

Has it been that long? Damn time flies. They do grow slow but should grow fine without substrate, How are the roots growing?

Of the two that I got from you at December's meeting, the first one has sprouted new roots and has a couple tiny leaves starting to grow out the top. The second one is in the same area but hasn't had any growth, but then hasn't really decayed either.

They are sitting on a small piece of sponge filter material with about 2-3" exposed to the 5100K CFL lamp for about 11 hours of light a day in a pretty nutrient rich part of the sump.

Jon, bring me the smallest one if you can. I've been meaning to pick it up from you, but just got the tank up and running recently.

Back