Neptune Aquatics

Matthew's 65g Skyward Reef

Very happy with the way the tank is going despite the constant hurdles. Just wanted to say Thanks to everyone helping me on this reef keeping journey. Special thanks to @Qwiv for bringing me back. I couldn't have done all this without the community support. Thank you.

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/v0YiARQxj1yc8" width="480" height="360" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="
">via GIPHY</a></p>

Current Parameters

78°
Salinity 1.024
Dkh 5
pH 8.2
Calcium 400
Phosphate 0.25
Nitrate 0

Added some baking soda and kalkwasser. Will recheck in the AM. Everything looks extremely healthy. I dont want to mess too much. I do want higher dkh and CA.

Progress.

20220921_192230.jpg
20220921_173539.jpg
20220921_192112.jpg
20220921_192145.jpg

Changed 1 and 5 micron carbon blocks. Took TDS from 18 to 7 (pre-DI resin)(Not sure what Im aiming for. Don't know the regular TDS here in SJ)

Giving some pumps a citric acid bath.

20220927_134357.jpg

Struggling with Parameters. Not sure what to dose. I have Kalk and Baking soda. Haven't added anything yet. Just did a 20%WC yesterday. This was the retest.

KH 4.5
CA 350
NITRATE 0
PHOSPHATE 0
pH 8.15

Add some salt
Agreed, maybe by .001 per day (add back saltwater as top off). This will help you maintain macro nutrients easier at the higher salinity. You can add a baking soda solution as well slowly to bring up dKH about 0.5 to 1 unit per day (use a chemistry calculator).

Man, sorry to hear about your wrasse - hope she pulls through though. Where did you get her? I can’t remember if you mentioned in the other thread.

I hatched my own. Wrasse has disappeared though. Should have got them in earlier.
Ahhh yeah. I tried hatching my own but they stay so tiny the fish can't even see them. Not sure the value in those - I tried to grow them out for several days but they never really increased. The bags from AC are cheap, and the brine are big and wiggly and are by far the most appealing food I've seen for picky eaters. Try that next time!

Ahhh yeah. I tried hatching my own but they stay so tiny the fish can't even see them. Not sure the value in those - I tried to grow them out for several days but they never really increased. The bags from AC are cheap, and the brine are big and wiggly and are by far the most appealing food I've seen for picky eaters. Try that next time!
When I went they were sold out!

Back