Cali Kid Corals

Maui Dive Video

My girlfriend and I recently spent a week in Maui. I cut together some of the highlights from our dives, and thought you guys might like to see:

I shot this with a GoPro Hero3 using backscatter flip3.1 red filters. I mounted the gopro on the end of a pole, which really helped with those eel and shark shots. ;-)

Neato, sure are a lot more corals scuba diving than you see near the shore snorkling... similar fish though, something cool about seeing a tang the size of a dinner plate swim by you :D Always made me wonder though about the mentality of people who dive and go oh "oh neat colored rocks and fish" vs. someone in the hobby who has a better understanding of what they're looking at "Need it, need it, got it, need it, got it"

What was that near the end? Long beam looking things, obviously man made, a ship wreck?

Yeah, I definitely appreciate knowing about fish and coral when diving. It's totally fun to either see species I'm familiar with at a whole different scale. It's was also good reference since I'm starting on a coral related project at work. :-D

Great video!! I took my go pro with me to Honduras as well. I have to edit it into a video though. I am waiting on a new computer. The large files about did my old macbook in. LOL! Nice job. I have never seen that much coral in Hawaii. Glad to know it's there.

Awesome video, Erin! Thanks for sharing. The ocean and its inhabitants are really amazing. Makes me want to get my diving certification. :)

Back