Our mission

[May 9, 2015] Forum with a Reef Nutrition Expert - Culturing PODS

Yeeep gonna be an interesting topic. Maybe Ill finally be able to keep a leopard wrasse.

Afterwards im gonna hit up Aquatic Collection.

Then Sunday ill do the eastbay southbay store run.

For those that have never been to Chabot College, park in lot B12 and follow signs to room 2338 which is not labeled but is next to cafeteria on the right.

@Enderturtle I will be bringing you a piece of GSP like you asked....

I also have a small RBTA that is on the sand this morning ....if anyone would like me to bring it for sale or trade please let me know I will be leaving my house in about an hour 9:00 am to head over to San Jose and then to the Club event....

Congrats to Corallus for winning the reef nutrition bottle set!

We have 1 more reef nutrition set which we can raffle off at the next event which is the Bay Area Local Fish Store Tour.

Very informative session, and good catching up with fellow reefers :)

78c607d4e5f06bda1203fab8cffdcf1b.jpg

ecc978e0c3ed03efc79d0fdcca63160c.jpg

03147da23cf8b3b8f47afa54edf9f10a.jpg

It was fun. Lots of great info and some lucky members walked away with great fish food prizes.

For recording, that really has to be on a by presenter basis. Some presenters make money off these and are not that keen on us recording.

It was fun. Lots of great info and some lucky members walked away with great fish food prizes.

For recording, that really has to be on a by presenter basis. Some presenters make money off these and are not that keen on us recording.

:D They don't make money on them, really... that is not the reason. The minor stipend they may get doesn't do much, and most spend more putting together their presentation. They don't want it recorded for numerous reasons. Data changes, they'd like to give the presentation at other events, some have articles written on the subject and thus are beholden to the publication, video'ing presentations also is very hard to actually do right enough to give the presentation the service it deserves.

As the lucky recipient of A LOT of food for my tank, I'd like to thank both Chad and the club for organizing this. Certainly did not think I'd start trying my hand at culturing live food for a while, but the bucket is now bubbling away happily... I'll update as things progress. I plan to try a couple of feedings of basically all of the foods for my tank, and will probably end up greedily holding onto a couple of bottles - but I plan on putting a good part of the kit up for grabs for someone else in the club who would like to sample/use them. So far, the R.O.E. and Oyster Fest are pretty popular in my tank!

Back