got ethical husbandry?

Meat coral mouth open

Anyone know what’s up with my meat coral? It’s been like this for like a week. Mouth is just wide open.

It will still inflate during the day.

It does seems to be pooping here and there. I don’t feed it too often so I can’t imagine it’s “full of shit.”

Ideas? Am I just paranoid?

94d530f13143f205a7da1bee9dd3a502.jpg

How long been like this?
This type of coral and trachys are sensitive to metals in the tank.check check for iron and cupper.
If mouth stayed open and coral started losing color or turning pale or white watch out.
Also make sure no shrimp or hermit start picking on the inside of the mouth while its open.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Ok. I’ll look around the tank for bad magnets

It’s been about two weeks
2 weeks is not a good sign..at least in my system.
Mine became like that then started shrinking a bit and turning pale when I had the vectra impeller issue that spiked my cupper and iron. All trachys and this guy suffered the most.
So check your paramaters.
Also make sure your po4 is not zero or way too low, these guys in my experince like bit dirtier water..

Man scolys now days quadrupled in price. I used to get master grade scolys for no more than 300~500$
Now a good master scoly goes for $1500 $2500...
Crazy hobby

I used to think scoly prices were nuts as they were at $300... now, i dunno what to think.

Same goes for nems... but at least nems can split or be splitted.

Scolies not so much. You can and people have frag them... but you don't get the nice round look anymore.

Back