Jestersix

Meshmez's IM EXT 112

It's alive!
20220703_105240.jpg

you may want to separate those power bricks as they get hot, stacking them right next to eachother makes them getting heated faster, which will impact their longevity.

you may want to separate those power bricks as they get hot, stacking them right next to eachother makes them getting heated faster, which will impact their longevity.
Ya I was worried about that, that's why I have the fan in there. So far they don't get very hot though, so I'll keep an eye on them. My lighting power supplies are elsewhere. These are just powerheads and pumps, which are all running around 50% max.

Ya I was worried about that, that's why I have the fan in there. So far they don't get very hot though, so I'll keep an eye on them. My lighting power supplies are elsewhere. These are just powerheads and pumps, which are all running around 50% max.
Obviously the best solution is water cool them. Just put them all in the sump.

Finally got the Dastaco CaRx that I have had for a long time and never set up, running.
20221023_165032.jpg

Added a biota yellow tang and starry goby, along with moving my Kole tang and melanarus wrasse over from the tank I have been keeping them in in the garage. And moved some more corals in.
20221023_174633.jpg
20221023_174829.jpg

Last edited:
The auto feeder discussion inspired me to finally start my diy project. I'll likely add some sort of funnel to the top, and a little angle to the bottom. I'll also add a small pump to mix the water in the tube. Haven't decided yet if I want to integrate the pump in the bottom part, or drill a small hole in the side of the acrylic tube to mount it.
20221026_212358.jpg

20221026_212430.jpg

20221026_212307.jpg

Back