Our mission

MP60wES

I have been thinking about getting one for a month or so, and finally, got the price for one, I could not refuse. Sold my older MP40's with the ES drivers, and just got my package in the mail today. First off the pump is a improvement over the MP40's. The wetside is designed like the MP10, and the dryside has a fan, with venting. The spacer is different, they give you 3 different ones, you use the suggested one depending on the tank thickness. On the spacer is a loop, where you hang the motor on this adhesive held hook. It appears to make it a lot easier to get the pump aligned, without this, and your dryside won't hold, at least with the recommended spacer installed.

Initially, the motor was louder than the 40 on the opposite side. But a few hours later, and it's quiet, barely hear the hum as it ramps up. I replaced the pumps basically because I wanted to check out the new design. I also removed a plug from my system, which is always nice to do. Even though the pump is larger than the MP40, because I have it toward the back of the tank, it doesn't seem so big. The flow is around 50% broader than the 40's and with the ability to push 7500 gph, it pushes more than twice the water. I could easily take the MP40 out of the tank, but with it in there, I get more random flow.

mp60019.jpg

If you have the MP40w's and can sell them at what they have normally been going for, you won't be out of pocket at all. If you have the ES versions, you will come out ahead, if you are patient about selling them.

Back