got ethical husbandry?

My 170g cube

Loving this purple rim Blasto.
171633a0e84546f688cb7917afe42b99.jpg

There has been a development in the CO2 scrubber. I noticed a couple teaspoons of water in the first chamber. The media wasn't wet but it's was enough for me to change things. I took the media out of the first cannister and it's now being used as a moisture trap.

There has been a development in the CO2 scrubber. I noticed a couple teaspoons of water in the first chamber. The media wasn't wet but it's was enough for me to change things. I took the media out of the first cannister and it's now being used as a moisture trap.

Mine always collects some water, but it never effected anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A cube isn't the optimal setup for a frag tank so I'm trying to maximize space.

The angle of the plug mounts serves two purposes. The first is that it sets the coral at an angle where more surface area gets light. Second is that it makes the frag rack stronger than a 90 degree angle, more surface area for layer adhesion. I tested a 90 degree version just to prove a point to someone, it was strong enough to hold a frag but it only took a little pressure with a finger to break off the part.

I need to order more magnets and tweak the design for them but at a little over $4 ea and 8 magnets total, they won't be cheap.

So. Had more moisture collecting in the second scrubber chamber and skimmate collecting in the first chamber. I put the media cannister back in the first chamber but no media in it. I had to change out the media in the scrubber since it actually got wet this time.

I'm going to design and print a new Skimmer lid that should keep the scrubber from collecting skimmate. While I'm at it, I will probably design a neck cleaner now that I have an external collection jug for the skimmer.

Back