Reef nutrition

My 210 restart.

I've always wanted an Achilles tang but having tried to get them to eat when I worked in the shop showed me how picky they can be. Maybe when I upgrade, I'll order one from live aquaria for that 2 week protection.

ff946237742def2478546c0912288202.jpg

1 year later

00cc12a338bb0bc7bf69d946fcc30dab.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Looked like my cleaners spawned. Saw little shrimp like things wriggling in my frag tank.

Mysids are different than mysis
Mysids are saltwater while mysis is freshwater (from my my understanding from getting live mysid for raising cuttlefish). Keeping live mysid isn't easy, it's likely you have shrimp larvae but they don't have the food sources necessary to mature and will die. My cleaner shrimp spawn every couple months. They look like mosquito larvae that bunch up to a light source at night. Good coral food, my chalices get HUGE feeders on those nights.

Mysids are saltwater while mysis is freshwater (from my my understanding from getting live mysis for raising cuttlefish). Keeping live mysid isn't easy, it's likely you have shrimp larvae but they don't have the food sources necessary to mature and will die. My cleaner shrimp spawn every couple months. They look like mosquito larvae that bunch up to a light source at night. Good coral food, my chalices get HUGE feeders on those nights.

That's what they are. My 4 cleaners must of spawned. First time seeing it.

Back