High Tide Aquatics

my 240 gallon downsizing to my new 90 gallon

thanks. I really miss my 240, the tangs and wrasses and my eel. All of which were way too big to go into my 90 except for my leopard wrasse and 2 cave gobies. the tank has 2 banghai cardinals, 1 orange line cardinal, 2 black and white cave gobies, leopard and yellow coris wrasse, blue accessor, swissgaurd, and physcodelic mandarin goby. my wife's 29 gallon holds all my prize chalices and specialty coral. I will post a pic of that in a minute. both tanks run off of 2 xho reef brites. 1- 50/50 and 1- all blue.

here is our 29 long truvu tank.
2012-08-20_16-55-51_817.jpg

hard to tell but right in the middle you can see our colony of mia's pot of gold which came from Ian back in the Ocean Treasures days. Also have from Ian is the baby's breathe which is located right under the Pinstripe chalice from Diablo corals. Also from Diablo is that new frag of that blue and red eyed chalice which is located right above my rhizo from Aquatic Collections. My favorite is that bad ass mycedium in the right hand corner with the green eyes that came from Your Reef in Roseville. Another favorite is that mini colony of micromussas which is right next to the mycedium which was also aquired at Aquatic Collections. We just got a piece of a bright red and white symphilia right next to the open brain which we got from Neptunes aquatic. There is way too much to name individually and from where but you get the idea. We go everywhere for coral. ha ha

Both tanks get weekly water changes. The 29 gets 5 gallons every Sunday. The 90 gets 15 gallon water changes every sunday as well. All water comes from Aquatic Collections. We use Crystal Geyser bottled water for our top off. The tanks seem to love it. Consider it my little secret. WE DO NOT DOSE ANYTHING. I use the reeflab no28 blocks in my tank 24/7 and the wife's 29 uses nothing but weekly water changes. Erin got me on the blocks. My tank doesn't seem to not like it so I will stick with it. The 29 gallon tank came from Ocean Treasures. It was the display tank that sat behind the counter to the left. We have a mp10 on the right and a nano koralia on the left with a eheim pump for the return. in the sump we use a filter sock and chaeto with a ecoexotic led 50/50 light over the sump. Using a remora skimmer and a eheim heater. That the entire system. very simple and very effective for keeping fresh frags and small colonies till they are too big and can go into my 90. I know I am gonna get some grief about this but I never check my water params. I have been doing this for over 10 years now successfully and I know what my corals look like when they are healthy. So if something looks unhappy just do a small water change and like magic, watch it become happy again. I DO NOT RECOMMEND DOING THIS! THIS IS JUST WHAT WORKS FOR ME SINCE I WORK 50+ HOURS A WEEK. If I had the all the time in the world I would love to see where my params are at. But I don't and everything is very healthy. Sorry in advance if I upset you on how I maintain our tanks. Not trying to say that its easy to keep a reef tank, but it does get easier the more educated you are about our passionate hobby and what things are supposed to look like.

Oh yeah. Forgot to say that trades are welcome. You like something you see let me know what your willing to trade for it.

Back