My First Reef: Redsea 525XL

Discussion in 'Tank Journals' started by roostertech, Aug 4, 2016.

1. roostertech

roostertech reef noob

So what I thought was STN turned out to be a much more rapid tissue loss (infection?).

This video shows how quickly the tissue was browning up and dying. Is there such thing as brown jelly for SPS?

After it was finished with the Setosa, the infection started to spread onto the poker star

Screen Shot 2017-12-18 at 3.28.10 PM.png

I extracted the larger chunk of the poker stars and cut away the dead stuff. That seems to stopped the spread.

Screen Shot 2017-12-18 at 3.29.12 PM.png
  2. Ibn

Ibn Supporting Member

Next time blow off the brown stuff with a baster and that should stop the spread of it over to the pokerstar. If it doesn't, use IC gel and glue slightly past the recession onto the healthy tissue of the pokerstar.
  3. daddio

daddio Supporting Member

Is this all related to your alk problems?
  4. roostertech

roostertech reef noob

Nah the alk has been stabilized for weeks now. The main casualty of that episode was a tenuis colony.

This just happened this week very rapidly with this colony of sestosa. I have other colonies that are just fine.

Hopefully there won't be a next time lol. But cleaning out the dead stuff + some preventive cutting seems to have halted the problem. Wish I have done it earlier, probably could have save half of that colony.