Our mission

NanoCrazed's Lazy Tank(s) Journal

That is kinda weird you haven't been dosing your tank with hand sanitizer again have you

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
nope... best guess right now is the meds from the bugs preemptive treatment. Talking to @Meshmez and current theory might be a nutrient spike from it killing off pods in the tank which might have led to the RTN. only event that has taken place of note.

nope... best guess right now is the meds from the bugs preemptive treatment. Talking to @Meshmez and current theory might be a nutrient spike from it killing off pods in the tank which might have led to the RTN. only event that has taken place of note.
I dunno man inspikes my p04 to .16 from undetectable the other day by accident and nothing was negatively affected

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Have gotten lazy with my lazy journal... but got my SBB box today and so good reminder to post.

AquaJapan85
====

Left my window cracked open overnight last week, didn't realize how cold it got. So much so that despite running 2X 300W heaters, my temp dropped to 73-74.

Of course, had some unfortunate RTNs from it. (Reminds me, had a mysterious wave of rtn awhile back... finally realized the issue was temp drop to 74.5F between 6-7AM. Ugh. But no other rtn until this recent temp drop since fixing the issue)

Let's hope no more RTN, anyway. Especially since I add a few new pieces from SBB. Replacement BKChem Froot Loops that i lost during that DOA fiasco awhile back and a SBB Bugatti, tenius with jet black polyps...something unique, are my top adds today.

And check out the packing. Most premium shipment experience for recieving frags I've had. Came in ZenReef carrier and containers.

20201202_122337.jpg
20201202_122259.jpg

On another note, slowly acquiring piece to convert my shroom tank to a full sps frag tank. Way outta room in my DT.

AquaJapan85
===

Finally got the motivation (and time) to installed a shelf in the left side of the tank to help combat my overcrowding issues.

The struggle is real!
20201204_012725.jpg

AquaJapan85
=====
RIP -- SBB Bugatti. That shows me to not check on my tank for a few days... would have a slime fighting chance to save it had I caught it in time.

though... because it's black polyps, I've been thinking it was just closed up vs the skeleton, which looked black under blues. figured it out when I pointed a flashlight at it last night. doh!

AquaJapan85
=====
RIP -- SBB Bugatti. That shows me to not check on my tank for a few days... would have a slime fighting chance to save it had I caught it in time.

though... because it's black polyps, I've been thinking it was just closed up vs the skeleton, which looked black under blues. figured it out when I pointed a flashlight at it last night. doh!
Certainly a different type of coral, but I kept a pink poci in my tank for the longest time thinking it just had the polyps retracted. It can be hard to tell depending on the colors. I like checking my tank out with my phone flashlight to see things better, do you use a colored flashlight or your phone too?

Certainly a different type of coral, but I kept a pink poci in my tank for the longest time thinking it just had the polyps retracted. It can be hard to tell depending on the colors. I like checking my tank out with my phone flashlight to see things better, do you use a colored flashlight or your phone too?
I use a led torch flash light... sometime like to have a focused beam...

I usually "tuck" my tank in and do nightly inspections but been busy and lazy lately... holidays!

I got a few pieces from SBB on their first sale but decided to hold back on the second. I think almost all his is from the wild, colors will shift over time and very expensive.
Some of their pieces are nice... but some seem OK. I thought the bugatti would have darker polyps but guess in white light, it's more smoke grey. But the skin is colorful at least. like a rainbow \ HW with dark polyps.

but the BKchem froot loops i got from them to restart the lost colony is solid. *fingers crossed it stays that way!*

Back