Our mission

Need pump for CPR backpack skimmer - again

Apon

Supporting Member
So the impeller cracked or broke on my Rio pump and it now makes a really loud niose when it runs. What other pumps would you guys think I can run on this, that isn't a RIO. This is on my tank at work so it has to be quiet. I guess I could go skimmerless too, its only softies, LPS, and RBTAs

People use 1200s typically. I did this a long time ago and connected it with flex tubing. You will need a venturi kit for the powerhead as well.

They (CPR) make a pump specially designed for the Bak Pak. Check out CPR's website for details.

The MJ is very loud when used as a venturi, especially when using the venturi kit that is on the market. It restricts the pump too much and causes the loud noise. IF you do go with a MJ, tap into the side of the inlet and place your venturi there. Again, see the CPR webite for details on this mod.

I have a few knock off Cpr's that I have laying around if you want to use the pump fromone of them for now. let me know. I'll have to chekc, but I might even have a REAL CPR laying around with the pump still. I'll check when I get home tonight if you need it.

ANNOUNCING NEW PUMP FOR BAK-PAK MODELS

CPR is pleased to announce an exciting new enhancement to our popular Bak-Pak protein skimmer line.

The new Accela pump is similar to the Maxi-jet 1200, however, it includes some important added benefits. The pump has been modified to include a venturi intake which efficiently draws in more air with less restriction on the pump. This results in more effective protein skimming with a significantly increased "sweet spot" for skimmer operation.

Increased air to water ratio
Less restriction on the pump results inlonger pump life
Modest power consumption- 20% less than the Maxi-jet 1200
UL listed with a 6 ft. grounded plug

accela.jpg

http://www.cpraquatic.com/products/bakpaks.html

Cool - thanks Gresham.

Mike, I am looking for a part, the return elbow for a CPR...I lost mine so it returns straight down into the tank. If you have an extra elbow, let me know.

[quote author=Apon link=topic=2579.msg26772#msg26772 date=1195000303]
Cool - thanks Gresham.

Mike, I am looking for a part, the return elbow for a CPR...I lost mine so it returns straight down into the tank. If you have an extra elbow, let me know.
[/quote]

Email CPR. They have an excellent CS team :)

Arnold,

I took a quick look and didn't find an elbow, might be in my buckets with all my PVC piping. I know I have something somewhere. LOL. I'll have to look this weekend though, as everything is being moved alover right now for my new stand being built in my garage. Loet you know as soon as I can.

Michael

Back