High Tide Aquatics

New build: 57g RR Oceanic Illuminata

Jess helped me setup my new tank (ok, I was just standing there and watching :p )

Info:
Tank: 57g Oceanic Illuminata RR
Sump: eshopps RS-100
Skimmer: reef octopus NWB 110 (waiting for a replacement pump)
Return pump: eheim 1260
Flow: 2 x vortech MP10 (wireless)
Light: Currently 1 x Kessil A150W, waiting for the A350W (this week :bounce1: )
Controller: Apex Lite (not yet setup)
Rocks: about 40-50ish pounds
Sand: 45 lbs

Onto pictures:
Picked up the tank from Chris @ Aquatic in SF. Jess got it home for me since my car is not big enough:
Tank + stand in its final resting place:
XLqtw.jpg

Next to the "old" tank:
gMrbY.jpg

The sump underneath the stand, all awaiting plumbing:
6tFyb.jpg

Bag of sand (25lbs) and new rock (20lbs) from gulfliverock.com :
v7nCd.jpg

zZQDK.jpg

Jess doing the plumbing:
gBIW6.jpg

All done:
yqw93.jpg

The lazy method of transferring water from one tank to the other:
tGNP8.jpg

This was the initial aquascape. I wasn't too happy with it. Wanted to keep some open space for fish and have places where they can hide:
(sorry for the crappy iphone picture)
fGIh1.jpg

Then I moved things around to this:
JCak9.jpg

I personally have a hard time putting electrical outlets in or around the sump area were it seems there is always some kind of salt creep or even a slow leak that could cause a short or fire.

Hey did Jesse help pick out the back ground as well........lol

@segrio
i offered to paint it black or wrap it for him, he passed.... i swear sergio im going to catch you not paying attention one of these days and......... youll know,LOL

lol...I need a black background for the reflection.

My dilema with putting it outside, I have to run wires thru the small hole inside.since the apex base unit, mp10 controllers, etc will all be inside :eek:

After reading this, I'm probably going to mount it outside. That one got me scared.
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2166503

I'll put the EB + the apex base unit outside (on the left of the tank) and the vortech controllers, JBJ ato controller, inside the stand

Few updates!
Finally got the rock the way I want it. Plenty of space for the fish to swim, and hide.
JCak9.jpg

fGIh1.jpg

Also connected my fuge light, added rocks to the fuge and some chaeto:
NlQgX.jpg

Got my ATO working. This thing evaporates a lot of water!
CEBNk.jpg

And, I got my Apex setup. Ignore the wires for now. Will clean them up this coming week. I need 1 more eb4 or eb8. Running short of power points :(
Cn6TL.jpg

And my first 2 days of monitoring pH + temp. Had to raise the temp and started my 2part dosing for now
ArkVK.png

Progress you say? Well, I made lots over the last 1 week. Majority of the clean up was today. Very tired.

Additions made:
Lights: Got my Kessil A350W !
Dosers: added 2 BRS dosers to dose cal & alk - 1.1ml every hour from midnight to noon.

Livestock:
Red headed salon wrasse.
4 blue/green reef chromis.

Lets start with the most awaited addition, the Kessil A350W. Got this from Jess @ Diablo
etvya.jpg

YfGlT.jpg

Pictures of my red headed Salon wrasse. Got this one from Divers Den
xMYnD.jpg

LudNg.jpg

dIb1N.jpg

FTS
JOVoN.jpg

YljSn.jpg

Left to right
Ca1xc.jpg

Right to left
AFRDB.jpg

BRS Dosers. managed to do some tidying up in there too. Needs some more cable ties :eek:
XoS1J.jpg

hEpJ7.jpg

Cv2jh.jpg

This is where you can see, no wires (almost :( ) . I bought an Ikea book shelf, with a door. Since they come with the thin back side, i did not add it on. The EB8, Apex unit, and everything you see in there is mounted on the wall with screws, & cable ties. No loose wires :D
Ran out of EB8 plugs. Had to use a regular strip for the fuge light, ATO, and wifi.
sM7CP.jpg

Jeymt.jpg

YBO3k.jpg

Everything that plugs into the EB8 has a "drop off" point here, behind the tank for easy disconnects. I'm using 3' cables to go single extension cables. Wish I had gotten 4' ones. The color at the ends, is color coded matching to what is connected at the EB8. So I can know which is which outlet by the color, lol.
bykW9.jpg

The controllers stay above the "cabinet"
BKpM2.jpg

I also took this chance to move the heater, and the temp probe to the overflow. Figured, if the pump goes out, at least the heater won't be impacted.

One last thing is pending, the skimmer. I have the skimmer, but the new pump that I had from Chris is not working. waiting on a replacement. Hopefully should have one this week.

And oh, a screen. I have a screen from BRS. Need to make it. Probably some time during the week

Question, how often do you have to change the filter sock? how do you "wash" the old one?

I used up about 150 cable ties today, lol.

Here's a quick video of the tank. The 2 MP10's are in 100% in Tidal Swell Mode
www.youtube.com/watch?v=zevGK9JlC6w

And a few corals:
fhjHR.jpg

S5NZk.jpg

3mOSu.jpg

v0dD6.jpg

K3yMG.jpg

cCbfZ.jpg

BvywU.jpg

GeOUz.jpg

Wyobo.jpg

LmdAA.jpg

Quick update.
Finally after waiting for 3 weeks, I got a my replacement pump for the skimmer. Although the old model, this skimmer is a beast! Its barely been 48 hours and its getting a lot of gunk out already.
Ghezsl.jpg

ZZzOWl.jpg

I added a bunch more of macro from 3 different tanks. Now i have chaeto, callapura (sp?), money plant
unpqEl.jpg

After adding so much macro, my small JBJ glo led was not enough. Replaced it with a par38 bulb. Lights up well now
5q6DAl.jpg

Also added 4 blue/green reef chromis. I already know at least which one will be the survival one, lol

Kensington Reefer said:
At first I was wondering why you put a light on your skimmer!
Looking very healthy

It lights up the whole thing! Clamped it down as well, so i have multiple security holders.

Back