Kessil

Newbie Nano Tank

Tank is doing great. Just figured I'd post a new fts. As you can see,I'm VERY ready for the frag swap xD
IMG_0660.jpg

Okay so while I wait impatiently for my goodies from the swap to fully open I decided to attempt to take some more up close pictures of my pre-swap corals. Get ready for a photo boom!
IMG_0699.jpg

My Super fluffy acan is still going and boy has he grown although it's hard to tell in the pictures. Second coral I ever bought <3
IMG_0704.jpg

Picked up this beautiful golden yuma from California Reef Co. a couple of months ago and it's gorgeous!
IMG_0696.jpg

Not the best picture but I absolutely love the tyree orange rainbow that I stole from Ender's tank.
IMG_0698.jpg

Picked up this gorgeous golden orange pavona from Neptune's aquatic's at their grand openning for their new location (Damn I can't remember when that was) But I absolutely love it.
IMG_0682.jpg

Yellow Highlighter micro-zoas with a pink chalice in back. Love the color combo, just praying that the chalice doesn't decide to wage war on these bright little beauties.
IMG_0687.jpg

Laser Lemon Zoas, From the first time I saw them I was in love. The picture doesn't even begin to do them justice.
IMG_0689.jpg

Emerald on fire zoas. One of the brightest zoas in my tank.
IMG_0691.jpg

My little Rock flower nem, I've had him for nearly a year now. He's nearly doubled in size (despite rarely being fed) and never moved more then an inch.

As for my swap finds, they're mostly just teasing me. The fruit loops, instellars, kh sunburst, mystery zoas and rainbow raptors are ALMOST all the way open while the oxides and sky blues remain closed.
IMG_0706.jpg
IMG_0708.jpg

On an unrelated note, I noticed that my blue tuxedo urchin had managed to pick up one of my mini-nassarius snails.
FullSizeRender (8).jpg

I removed the snail from his back only to spot him with another one his back. This time the snail was able to get off on his own...
IMG_0694.jpg

The poor nassarius snails gotta watch their back, there's a new sheriff in town.

Spent tonight cleaning up old frag plugs and staring at my tank which suddenly exploded (ok I exaggerate there's a patch) in hair algae while I was away for two days. /sigh... So ran out and picked 4 turbos which have done wonders in the past (personally I think the hair algae was a direct result of my turbo dying 2 weeks ago) and plan on doing 5 gallon water change tomorrow and manually removing what I can with a toothbrush. Anyway enough complaining here's some new cell phone pics.

Me Cleaning Frag Plugs:
IMG_1141.JPG

IMG_1142.JPG

Zoas from the Bay Area Reefers Frag Swap Last Weekend (By the way stupid cell phone turned all the yellow stuff green so some things are actually yellow in person):
FullSizeRender (1).jpg

FullSizeRender (2).jpg

Grr...still not open all the way...
FullSizeRender (3).jpg

FullSizeRender (4).jpg

Random Pictures of my tanks many inhabitants :)
FullSizeRender (14).jpg

One of my new turbos <3 Go Eat algae!!!
FullSizeRender (8).jpg

My little monti garden
FullSizeRender.jpg

My new little blue tuxedo urchin refused to pick up any of the zoa frags I made for her :( All four of them she rejected for the empty hermit shells... /sigh Alas the best laid plans....

Looking good! Totally funny about your urchin hijacking its reefmates. Our tank has a couple dozen hitchhiker urchins and a couple of them constantly carry stuff around, changing their outfits every couple days. I like the variety of corals you have.

Thanks :D yea, it's pretty entertaining. Today he decided to pick up the thermometer xD
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 225
Back