got ethical husbandry?

NiMH Battery Question

MolaMola

Supporting Member
Unrelated to reefing, but I need a replacement audio system microphone NiMH battery - NH2A27.
Specs: 1.4 or 1.5V, 2700 mAH, 0.57"x1.99"/14.5x50.5mm. (~AA size)
An online blog said it could use "any NiMH rechargeable battery but you’ll need to remove the branding wrapper off the battery."
Do not wish to set my classroom on fire, especially since I haven't done so with the tanks yet.
Got a replacement speaker (cheap) for this old audio system bc I thought battery was fine (replaced few months ago), but now I suspect the battery is the problem so am ceasing more component replacements.
Any battery suggestions?
IMG_5543.JPG

If I understand correctly, your microphone require 1.4V-1.5V. Most rechargeable AA only go to 1.2V so it might not work. There are some special Rechargeable AA go up to 1.5V. Just look them up on Amazon.
I would try the regular rechargeable AA and see if they work for you. If not, get the 1.5V

This review page says only the green ones work.

They say to not use alternative batteries, but I don't really know why.

You can always call a place like this and see if they do an educator discount.

Thanks. Been a problem for a few years bc Lightspeed stopped making them and used an alternate source but now offer nothing. I waited months a year or so ago on backorder, then the battery I got from CDW-G stopped holding charge (and no longer carried) or it's something wrong in my equipment. I can only find batteries in Australia now; UK sources have said out of stock. YouTube video says use any battery and ditch the mic's charger and a blog says similar. I hope generic battery will work. Need to get higher voltage batteries to try bc mine do not work. Still not sure, but seems like my equipment might not be the problem although I started buying replacement components. Very annoying. Thank you for your help.

Back