image.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 260
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 260
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 257
I notice my jaw breaker colony of the mother and 8 baby and other jaw breaker frag are not happy and shrink, they are on the frag tray almost near bottom on the left back conner, not much flow and low light.
What should I do?

Looks awesome! Can I ask you a question about your plumbing? In the pic that shows red and blue valve handles in the center, do you have any issues with water flow through the two valves? If your pumps shut off then go back on does water flow how you like through both of those pipes?

Looks awesome! Can I ask you a question about your plumbing? In the pic that shows red and blue valve handles in the center, do you have any issues with water flow through the two valves? If your pumps shut off then go back on does water flow how you like through both of those pipes?

The blue one is 1/2" that I plump for the Bio Churn pellet reactor. The red one 3/4" planing for UV light but may not happen because the UV light I have a little big. For the flow, it not a problem since I have DC pump so when start or restart it run slow for few second before it run at full speed, I don't have much water back flow because my output to the DT is about the same with the overflow teeth or just a little lower.
Water go through those valve so far ok as I expected, that why I have the smaller before the bigger valve, in case if I use both at the same time the big valve flow will be just a little stronger than the small valve. If I put the big valve first then the small valve will be very slow if I run both at the same time. Hope this answer your question.

Any suggestion on how to get those mushroom better? I just reduce the light intensity and I hope they won't melt away ;(
Check the flow as well.
Mine really like less light and less flow.
I put them down low between big rocks, and in back corners.

It really low light and low flow as last night. I tried to feed all the coral and fish last night. I hope everything get better when I get home today. Thx

I've got my jb colony in decent flow and med light and they get huge, took them a little bit to adjust but all good now. Last frags I pulled off of it I really had to irritate them to get them to shrink enough to see what I was doing. All I did was turkey bait them with water and gently rub them with finger to get them to retract anyways it took about 2 weeks for them to get even close to normal size. So could be if their just shrunk they might be just adapting to the new environment.

Those jaw breakers are very hardy. They should be fine. It might take some time to acclimate. They like low to medium flow in my tank. Very nice setup.

Back