Our mission

notice a lot of tunze and seio for sales lately

sounds like it. There's also a Resun coming out, a polario that I believe SEIO/TAAM is making, amongst others that follow the same small compact low wattage powerhead market.

It's going to be the new technology everyone's going to go for.

It's hard going for a closed loop now these days, especially since these powerheads are getting much smaller.

Yes powerheads are becoming smaller and much more efficient.

I am still thinking about adding a Vortech and replacing out my OM Squirt in my 58g tank.

If your tank is drilled for closed-loop by all means take advantage of it - if it ain't broke don't fix it. On the other hand if your tank is not drilled powerheads great.

ASk people that have Vortechs how the like them before buying them. I was just about to purchase 10 when I did. Now I am looking at getting a few and more Tunzes.

Tom (Sparkss) would be a great person to start with. He has 4 and has had a lot of problems.

i use a neptune controller to cycle them. the tunze guys at RC said 15 minutes max. my understanding is that the new 6055 with controller will do pulse, wave back and forth, etc with no delay...i like the sound of two streams pulsing back and forth, with a soft startup that builds in intensity then tapers off real quick...sounds wavey to me. ive had good results so far. do you guys believe in the random flow thing or just flow as in one vortech and thats it, same flow thru the tank forever, no changing it up.

i want the lower profile of the vortech, one on each side of the tank doing the same thing, cycling back and forth every 15 minutes...

I like my Vortech, but I have just the one not two.

I have not had any problems as of late, but that doesn't mean I won't with this product or any other for that matter.

Each to their own.

Back