Cali Kid Corals

October 9th BAR Meeting Featuring Leslie Harris

I was really looking forward to this. :(

By the way, depending on which microscope you're using, you can probably just leave yours at home when it gets rescheduled. I've got one that I can bring so that would save you from hauling it with you.

Me too, and the reason for the cancellation sucks...... :(

I was just going to bring my stereoscope, a Leica MZ-12 with illuminated base and the phototube attachment. That way we could set up a video feed & project whatever under the scope so the whole group could see it.

Yeah, hopefully the surgery went well and she's on her way to recovery.

That's a nice setup. I'd love to see it one of these days since I've been dabbling with microscopic pictures, but haven't gotten the hang of it yet.

LeslieH said:
Me too, and the reason for the cancellation sucks...... :(

I was just going to bring my stereoscope, a Leica MZ-12 with illuminated base and the phototube attachment. That way we could set up a video feed & project whatever under the scope so the whole group could see it.

Mmmmm Leica. The rep had me sold on a brilliant set-up, our company just wouldn't fork the many thousands it would have cost :lol:

Thanks all for the best wishes. Fingers crossed here too!

Ibn said:
That's a nice setup. I'd love to see it one of these days since I've been dabbling with microscopic pictures, but haven't gotten the hang of it yet.
You can either buy a dedicated video that's only for the scope or patch one together using an adaptor for a regular video camera that fits into one of the eyepieces/phototube. Run the video feed to a projector and that's pretty much it. Martin Microscope (www.martinmicroscope.com) is a good place for information. Nowadays you can pick up something like a Canon 70d with hi-def & use that instead of a video cam.

Here's the Leica back when I still divided my shots between digital & film with the old Nikon on the phototube:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/86448061@N00/2913384657/

Tuberider said:
Don't worry Leslie, this discussion is not in vain, I'm going to kidnap you in September
Cool! I'll be more than ready for some fun by then.

GreshamH said:
Mmmmm Leica. The rep had me sold on a brilliant set-up, our company just wouldn't fork the many thousands it would have cost Laughing out loud
Darn companies never know what's good for them. I had to buy my own set-up for the same reason.

Most likely not. We have yet to tape one in the 5 years I have been involved :)

tuberider said:
Unless it's your wedding, I really don't see a difficult decision....

Yeah.....well, there's that whole family guilt thing.....on the bright side the reception is at the Columbo Club. I love the food there....

-Gregory

sfboarders said:
Is there a Sept. BOD meeting?

There is a general meeting in September. The BOD decided to eliminate 1 of the BOD meetings and make the meeting a general meeting instead. IIRC Jeremy and Bryan are going to do a talk.

sfsuphysics said:
GreshamH said:
Most likely not. We have yet to tape one in the 5 years I have been involved :)

The Chucky from the Steinhart was taped IIRC.. however yeah that is one of the only ones I can think of.

Forgot about that one, but, was it ever posted?

Tumbleweed said:
sfboarders said:
Is there a Sept. BOD meeting?

There is a general meeting in September. The BOD decided to eliminate 1 of the BOD meetings and make the meeting a general meeting instead. IIRC Jeremy and Bryan are going to do a talk.

When is the meeting this month? 9/11?

Back