got ethical husbandry?

Ordered one of these today

But i have all my hair and I don't smoke :) I admit, I don't know everything :( I do know just about everyone though :lol:

i got mine installed and i love it. So many features. I need to order a few more PC4 modules. So far i have set it to not turn on my MH if tank temp is above 85

UPS is still driving around with mine in it's truck... unless Gresham hijacked it!!!

I think my first setup is simply to monitor temperature & pH without doing anything automated just to get an idea for what's going on without it's assistance (i.e. see how screwed up I've been doing things! :D) Then, I'll control heaters/fans/lights, get some peristaltic pumps for 2-part so I don't have to do it every morning manually. Then... oh hell I don't know what then, just sit back and simply figure out what to do next (and yes I realize I could do all of this with a cheaper model of controller)

Yeah the install was super easy all daisy chained. It took awhile to program all the functions. I think I need to order 2 more pc4 modules.

Plus it works better for people like me that are controlling two sets of lights with one controller. You can spread the modules apart further.

i think the idea is great but the price is a little steap :) if it was like 70 bucks for hte pc4 it'll be more reasonable.

Yeah, something like a 8 plug module IIRC was maxed at 15A, Now each PC4 is maxed at 15A, with 8A max 2 plugs and 3A max on the other two plugs (as long as you don't exceed 15A you're set.

But yeah, lights and sump in radically different areas, having 2 x 4 is more convenient than 1x8

[quote author=scuzy link=topic=3785.msg47836#msg47836 date=1214946352]
i think the idea is great but the price is a little steap :) if it was like 70 bucks for hte pc4 it'll be more reasonable.
[/quote]
70 is reasonable, but 90 is too much?? :D

Back