Our mission

OTA's rimless tank manufacturer

OTA is closed right now, so I was wondering if anyone knew the manufacturer of the rimless tanks at OTA. My friend is looking for a rimless and I thought the OTA line of tanks were similiar in pricing, if not better, than the ADA tanks. If anyone knows the brand or has a link, that would be really helpful.

Thanks

Not sure on what the brand is but I can tell you the new ADA tanks are slightly different than the old. New ones are all made with low iron glass and it has a little more silicone than the old tanks on the seems. Kelby as you know the ada tank I had started to have the seems go after 2-3 years. The new ones have more silicone to prevent that from happening.

Yea, I'm pretty familiar with the ADA tanks as I've seen yours and I've been to the store a few times. I'm just looking for options for my friend as he's looking to upgrade his fresh water planted system.

It's good to know that ADA stepped up and made revisions. Say, what did you do with your old tank?

[quote author=iani link=topic=5265.msg65187#msg65187 date=1227133728]
Its 48x18x18. Lets drill the back of the tank if that works lets try to fix it lol.
[/quote]

LMK if you want me help you fix it..

Yeah Tony... It's prefect for turtles :D

We will see, haha. It actually holds water fine and the seems have not changed at all for like a year. I just wouldn't be comfortable having someone use it full of water though. haha. If I decide not to fix it, you can have it if you want Phong.

[quote author=iani link=topic=5265.msg65165#msg65165 date=1227128781]
Not sure on what the brand is but I can tell you the new ADA tanks are slightly different than the old. New ones are all made with low iron glass and it has a little more silicone than the old tanks on the seems. Kelby as you know the ada tank I had started to have the seems go after 2-3 years. The new ones have more silicone to prevent that from happening.
[/quote]

Don't thaey make a "fused" one as well (silioconless)??

Back