got ethical husbandry?

Other hobbies

I'm very interested in this! I fully plan on expanding my setup when we have a place with a little more room for sure.

I had an odd experience with this brisket where I don't believe there was a stall. I know that's something that can happen, and I've experienced it with a bunch of other briskets I've cooked (and I've split them roughly evenly between foil-wrapping and non), but this one was 10 lbs before trimming, roughly 8 lbs after trimming, and had an internal temp of 202 after 8.5 hours of cooking.

Even accounting for the higher heat of 270, that's a blazingly fast brisket, but it turned out phenomenally. Looking forward to getting to dial this in and try some ribs next. I'm gonna take a stab in the dark given your citing the 203 finish point that you either follow the pros or also enjoyed Meathead's book? :)
8lbs is a pretty small brisket and with a pit temp of 275 you probably won't get a stall most of the time as 275 is enough heat energy to quickly turn whatever moisture is sweating out of the meat to steam off where as a pit temp of 200-225 it would match the rate for evaporative cooling which causes the stall. I believe saturation pressure for water is about 212deg F (at atmospheric pressure) so at that pit temp(212deg F) the water vapor(steam) and condensed water(from the meat sweating) is at a thermodynamic equilibrium. The higher you turn your pit temp up past 212 the easier the moisture will turn into steam and dry the surface of the meat which lessens/eliminates the stall.

There are a bunch of other factors that can affect the stall such as current humidity for that day, if you use a water pan in your cook chamber, if you spritz or mop, density of the charcoal, and airflow and the surface area of the piece of meat you're smoking.

The Texas crutch is a great way to get past the stall as even though the meat is still sweating, the heat is retained due to wrapping it as no evaporative cooling can happen.

we're yall doing like a drift course, or were you on track. i just got back from laguna sat night i highly recommend Laguna. its now my favorite track. id rather do one day at laguna then two at t-hill or sonoma.
Neither, this is a car control clinic. We focus on emergency braking, emergency lane changing, work into throttle control in a turn, weight transfer, and by the end of the day an intro to autocross. These are skills that transfer very directly to the driving we all do every day.

I would recommend one of these to anyone who drives on the road, and especially if you want to get the most out of a performance driving event like an autocross or a track day.

nice. you had Any luck with more difficult targets out there shooting RGB? What are you tracking with? Using any filters.
I had a nice shot of Markarian's Chain from a couple of years ago,with some bonus galaxies in the background. I also got Comet C/2017 T2 PANSTARRS, M82, and M81 together in the frame a couple of years ago. There are a bunch more, but these were just handy. I've also done timelapses of an annular solar eclipse as well as a total lunar eclipse (the latter was the more challenging, because of the dramatic change in exposure). I just track unguided with the Meade LXD-75 mount. No filters (aside from the obvious solar filter for the solar eclipse).

Attachments

• Comet C-2017 T2 PANSTARRS, M82, and M81.jpg
    Comet C-2017 T2 PANSTARRS, M82, and M81.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 111
  • Markarian's Chain.jpg
    Markarian's Chain.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 99
I had a nice shot of Markarian's Chain from a couple of years ago,with some bonus galaxies in the background. I also got Comet C/2017 T2 PANSTARRS, M82, and M81 together in the frame a couple of years ago. There are a bunch more, but these were just handy. I've also done timelapses of an annular solar eclipse as well as a total lunar eclipse (the latter was the more challenging, because of the dramatic change in exposure). I just track unguided with the Meade LXD-75 mount. No filters (aside from the obvious solar filter for the solar eclipse).
Those are well timed aligned shots. Nice work. I love night time photography. Im still doing more enviromental shots as I learn my way around using my tracker. I have to travel to get clear sky’s so getting Practice time is tough. And my friends are rowdy and party all night, so that can be distractingly fun, resulting in the gear staying in the truck.

02685743-6C98-4980-892B-0B86A489279E.jpeg

978BB808-45B0-42D4-B0E4-33B15FD12E56.jpeg

Last edited:
Neither, this is a car control clinic. We focus on emergency braking, emergency lane changing, work into throttle control in a turn, weight transfer, and by the end of the day an intro to autocross. These are skills that transfer very directly to the driving we all do every day.

I would recommend one of these to anyone who drives on the road, and especially if you want to get the most out of a performance driving event like an autocross or a track day.
How do you sign up?

I have an rc wrx, but I was more into the acrobatic rc helicopters.
I used to fly RC helis as well..

which one (s) do you have?

to all the RC flyers, where do you buy batteries here? I still have my gear but have not powered them in over 8 years

Last edited:
I used to fly RC helis as well..

which one (s) do you have?

to all the RC flyers, where do you buy batteries here? I still have my gear but have not powered them in over 8 years
I learned on the micro ones, but my big two are a trex 450 and a 550. Those will kill someone if used wrong so I respect their power and only fly after some practice on my sim.

Ok all you show-offs with the mouth watering BBQ pics- Michael is hosting us for a BAR-B-Q Summer event so please come feed us :)

Ok all you show-offs with the mouth watering BBQ pics- Michael is hosting us for a BAR-B-Q Summer event so please come feed us :)

I'm doing my best but I think I may be out of town that weekend for my wife's birthday. In case I'm out, I'd love to host and have people over if @H2OPlayar doesn't mind making the drive to Castro Valley and give him a going away hang out before he leaves! I'll throw down the trifecta and do brisket + ribs + chicken.

• UAVs - design and build autonomous UAVs for research and commercial applications
  • RC - Building and Flying Drones / fixed wing / helis
  • Mechatronics - building custom electromechanical systems for everyday stuff, now including the reefing hobby :)
  • Photography - Aerial, landscape, astro and wildlife
  • 3D printing - for everything above :p
  • Watches/Horology

Having taken an interest in horology lately, I must append to this list. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Back