got ethical husbandry?

Palmers blue Millie (Bondolo)

While away on a business trip, mines died. The tank hit over 83 degrees sometime a couple of months ago. Interesting enough but the battle coral and other SPS/coral survived!

Will pick up another one one day...

Good to know. I had to google STN.

Here’s mines:
8e1e2fdd9a53fb943ff6003f264721d0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

well... this piece continues to puzzle me...

I made 5 diff frags out of the last pick-up. And put them all in different parts of my tank...especially where other millis have done well. All have been doing amazing but one rtn'd out.

Only change I can think of is had a system blip yesterday and so flow was messed up and skimmer was off... but that was only for 5-6 hours. the other pieces are fine for now but we'll see...

well... this piece continues to puzzle me...

I made 5 diff frags out of the last pick-up. And put them all in different parts of my tank...especially where other millis have done well. All have been doing amazing but one rtn'd out.

Only change I can think of is had a system blip yesterday and so flow was messed up and skimmer was off... but that was only for 5-6 hours. the other pieces are fine for now but we'll see...
That must be so frustrating.
A similar thing happened to mine. One frag RTN'd for no reason while the other one did not. Both were growing well.

That must be so frustrating.
A similar thing happened to mine. One frag RTN'd for no reason while the other one did not. Both were growing well.
Yeah... baffled... I think a second piece might RTN... colors are looking overly dark but treating it with some dips and we'll see...

Two more of the 5 frags i made went bust today... ugh. 2 more left.

Really can't figure it out. Perhaps I just have no luck with this piece.
Welp -- looks like success with this piece continues to elude me. my last 2 frags failed out a few days ago.

All the pieces were puddling and coloring nicely too... baffled.

Man this one is more resilient than other millis i seen. When I had the zinc spike most Millis suffered, this one suffered a bit but then recovered nicely and growing..
Love the blue on it.. I recently got a tenius from @Rostato that is just as blue and glued it next to this one..both these pieces have the deepest blue i seen out there...

It’s been over 2 months since my frag rtn’d. I would like to give it a second try since I haven’t seen any stress in any other frags.

Man this one is more resilient than other millis i seen. When I had the zinc spike most Millis suffered, this one suffered a bit but then recovered nicely and growing..
Love the blue on it.. I recently got a tenius from @Rostato that is just as blue and glued it next to this one..both these pieces have the deepest blue i seen out there...
My only other guess is maybe temporary spikes in nitrates when I dose... I have a lot of other millis doing well but the palmer's is one that continually taunts me. sigh.

Its not about time igs about why it stn. I highly re

Mine is thriving my man

I noted it’s struggle in my journal. It did not acclimate well from day 1. Slightly bleached. It started to recover nicely. I was excited enough to see the turnaround that I sent the pictures to coral reefer as it started to show really beautiful shades of blue. Then I upgraded my lights to a hybrid model and it RTNd in less than 24 hours. No other frags seemed to have been impacted to the extent the Millie did. All major parameters were normal and nutrient levels were within my weekly ranges. I test every Wednesday and Sunday and log everything within my APEX journal. Alk, cal, po4, ph, no3, etc. So ultimately after ruling everything thing out all I could point to was the lights. I also updated this thread with my findings at the time. I chose to wait a couple months to see if any irregularities showed up in my testing or corals. After nothing came up, I was more confident it was receiving too much par under a new spectrum that caused the RTN event.

Edit: I would like to add that this took place over months, not days or week.

I noted it’s struggle in my journal. It did not acclimate well from day 1. Slightly bleached. It started to recover nicely. I was excited enough to see the turnaround that I sent the pictures to coral reefer as it started to show really beautiful shades of blue. Then I upgraded my lights to a hybrid model and it RTNd in less than 24 hours. No other frags seemed to have been impacted to the extent the Millie did. All major parameters were normal and nutrient levels were within my weekly ranges. I test every Wednesday and Sunday and log everything within my APEX journal. Alk, cal, po4, ph, no3, etc. So ultimately after ruling everything thing out all I could point to was the lights. I also updated this thread with my findings at the time. I chose to wait a couple months to see if any irregularities showed up in my testing or corals. After nothing came up, I was more confident it was receiving too much par under a new spectrum that caused the RTN event.

Edit: I would like to add that this took place over months, not days or week.

I thought mine was PAR related as well... but nope. this time, I mounted 5 pieces spread out at different PAR and flow.... 150PAR, 250PAR, 300PAR, 350PAR, 425PAR ...nope.

FWIW, I've really appreciated having an automated Alk measurement device (Trident). I used to dose alkalinity at a fixed amount once per day but seeing how my alk swings over the course of the day prompted me to switch to multiple doses throughout the day to keep it very stable. Results have been very positive since.

Back