Reef nutrition

Pencil urchins

richiev

Supporting Member
One, maybe two, located in Redwood City. I've got most of what I needed cleaned up, cleaned up, and ready to pass one or both of these to the next person. The decider between one or both is making sure my kids don't care.

@Srt4eric lmk if you want to stop by this weekend, or in the evenings, for a pickup. If you want to pickup from krak256 because he's presumably closer (him=Sunnyvale vs me=redwood city), no worries.

Alternatively, if you've got any sweet sweet frags (eg if you've got any meteor showers still) maybe I can drive to you and check out your setup!

Bumping one more time. I'm putting the last one on Facebook Sunday. I'm in no major urgency, but I would prefer to move it very soon so it's one less thing to transfer.

I love pencil urchins. I figured they’d be gone already. I’d be happy to take if it weren’t for the distance. Are you coming to the High Tide event next week by chance?

I love pencil urchins. I figured they’d be gone already. I’d be happy to take if it weren’t for the distance. Are you coming to the High Tide event next week by chance?
If he doesn't plan on going to the event I would be more than glad to pick it up from him and bring it to the event with me.

Reactions: JVU
Love urchins, I was hesitant at first and now I’m a believer. Looking for the sand equivalent
Diamond gobys are my go to for keeping the sand clean. But you'll have to accept the fact that your sand won't be flat and even unless you tend to it and rake it out manually. And they'll cover any corals you have on the sand. Other people swear by tiger conch snails. I may give these a try on my next tank.

I’ve got a blue spot sleeper goby that works just as hard and doesn’t make quite the mess that a diamond goby does. Got mine from @under_water_ninja at High Tide. I have a 5ft tank and he pretty nearly manages to keep the entire thing cleaned up.

Yeah he’s out sifting all day long! Not shy at all, really only goes into his burrows to sleep.

I have gonis on the sand bed, he will make sort of sand “drifts” against them but doesn’t cover or annoy them. I never have to go in and fix anything, which is the bottom line for me.

If he doesn't plan on going to the event I would be more than glad to pick it up from him and bring it to the event with me.
@Arvin R if want to pick up I'd happily have it end up with @JVU. I'm not sure if I'll make it up there Sunday. You know where I live!

If anyone else is near by and going to the Sunday event lmk.

Reactions: JVU
Back