Our mission

Pendant fix question

Apon

Supporting Member
OK for those of you that have seen my tank, you know I have some old custom sealife 175 MH pendants with Dual 32watt PC in each one. So on one of my pendants one of the PC's don't light up anymore and I tested the bulbs they are all ok. Does anyone know where I can get it looked at?

.......and before Eileen says " why don't you use your new spare aquamedic fixture" I like the lights I have now, and I still have new bulbs for them. : )

Arnold it probably your ballast since its not the bulb. but it may also be your cord to the PC fixture. Only to find out is to open it up. Switch the PC leads to verify if its the cord or ballast.

Dudley, I don't do much with this stuff, you know of any place I can take it in? Its one cord, but I am not sure where the PC ballast is. The MH ballast is external.

Dude, you have to take the external ballast apart to change out the corresponding ballast, but I'll bet anything that the ballast resides within the fixture itself rather than the external ballast box.

I was thinking that too, I have 2 PC's in the thing, and one still lights, but I am wondering it its worth it.

My guess is separate ballast.

Hellolights 32w ballast or you can find a replacement CSL 32w pc ballast which are still being sold on a limited basis - I know Marine Depot still sell it, maybe Custom Aquatics.

Back