Jestersix

Phantom markings on lightning maroon

My lightning has been developing phantom markings over last few months. With traits getting stronger over time. First time I've seen this... any ideas? (@Kim Pattison ?)

(BTW, this is one of the 2 that cost me more than half of my shroom collection... grrr. Hopefully it'll pay me back with some babies one day...)
20210214_173301.jpg
20210214_173158.jpg
20210214_173153.jpg

It can be the genetics most clowns get darker over time if they have any black genes. It can also be the food that they are eating. Feed like TDO really makes the oranges, reds, blacks and white coloring stronger. It can also be both. I am less sure about maroons. We do not breed them as there is not a strong market and the juveniles require more space as they are just as vicious as the adults.

It can be the genetics most clowns get darker over time if they have any black genes. It can also be the food that they are eating. Feed like TDO really makes the oranges, reds, blacks and white coloring stronger. It can also be both. I am less sure about maroons. We do not breed them as there is not a strong market and the juveniles require more space as they are just as vicious as the adults.
Good to know. Was hoping to breed some maroons eventually.

Maybe genetics then... same feed i use for all my maroons and other fish the same pellets... my gold bar looks normal as are my other lightnings

After a long wait, this pair finally laid their first clutch!

Too bad they has such terrible timing. I'm flying out for the week and there's a good chance the eggs might hatch by then. Eggs already starting to show signs of developing eyes.

Hope they can wait until I get back!

Back