Cali Kid Corals

Pictures of my tank

nash

Hi
Here are some pictures of my tank. 250w 14K lights.I think I'm almost out of room. But always room for one more ;D Honey where did all this coral come from? Told you this is a cheap hobby $20 goes a long way ::)
coral2011.jpg

coral2010.jpg

coral2009.jpg

coral2005-1.jpg

coral2007.jpg

coral2006.jpg

coral2005.jpg

coral2004.jpg

coral2003.jpg

coral2002.jpg

coral055.jpg

[quote author=Raddogz link=topic=1786.msg16811#msg16811 date=1173041889]
Wow, what an awesome tank!!!!!

You have a green thumb with all that really cool stuff.
[/quote]
Hi
Thanks I glad you like it. I ask someone if they wanted to trade and he said I have plain stuff . Well he didn't say that but that's what I felt. :)

Looks good to me. Rare not rare blah blah blah it is what you like and what looks nice that is important. Would love to get a frag of that chalice in pic 3

BTW. You may want to be a little concerned about those zoas encroching on your SPS thought. Though I love them too I keep mine far away as to not let them overgrow and kill off my SPS.

[quote author=seminolecpa link=topic=1786.msg16834#msg16834 date=1173080528]
Looks good to me. Rare not rare blah blah blah it is what you like and what looks nice that is important. Would love to get a frag of that chalice in pic 3

BTW. You may want to be a little concerned about those zoas encroching on your SPS thought. Though I love them too I keep mine far away as to not let them overgrow and kill off my SPS.
[/quote]
I thought that's what the Zoa spiders and Zoa Nudibranchs are for.:) Yeah I would either let them go or use a razor to cut them back. But I read somewhere that the Zoa are very toxic and maybe I would do that any more. Yeah, it getting a little too big and when I cut it you can have a frag.

[quote author=cwolfus link=topic=1786.msg16945#msg16945 date=1173163924]
Nash,

You tank looks fantastic! You should show it in one of our tank tours!

-Charles
[/quote]
Thanks
I was thinking about it but I don’t have any of the cool / expensive reef stuff. I didn't want to embarrass myself with the way I have it setup. Should have seen it 6moths ago when I had some 175w lamps that were 2 yrs old.I just add some LAIII about 2 months ago and my old corals are now coloring up. I am slowly picking some of the neat things and spending more time with it. So maybe next year I can show my tank.

You know sometimes it's not about the real cool stuff/limited edition/rare blah blah blah. It's about the current stuff you have in the tank - is it growing well, is it looking as good as it should, are you happy with it, would you like to improve on it?

If you can say "yes" to any of these questions it doesn't matter what some bonehead says about you having "plain stuff" as long as you are happy with it.

You have some really nice corals in the tank, and you should be proud of it! ;D

Back