Jestersix

Pink Gonipora, Flower Pot, Coral not doing well since I got it from the Coral Kids frag swap

The Goni is looking better.
The flow is the best flow in my tank. Same side as the pump output and my wave pump is on the opposite side so it pumps over there and hits the wall.
I put some GFO in and my Phosphate is dropping about 0.03 per day. I have been putting some Brightwell Magnesium in and raising it by about 50ppm a day.
Changed to feeding Frozen food to help get the phosphates down and it seems to be coming together.
Also turned the lighting up. I have it on Acclimate and I turned that off and the Goni seem to like that a lot.
I have moved the Goni around the tank a few times and it seems to like it here. This seems to be the magic corner in my tank where corals do well when I first put them in. I should probably get a magnetic corner Frag Rack to put here.
Thanks everyone for the advice. I have been reading everything and learning and using what I can.
Thank You.
Richard.
flower pot.jpg

Just a warning. Sometimes once a Goni has been stressed it dies no matter what. The fact that yours is coming back is a good thing, but be prepared just in case. Now the key is no big swings while you're making corrections. Slow and steady. We (men) have a tendency to want quick fixes and overdo it on dumping chemicals in. "Must fix now!" Resist that.

Just a warning. Sometimes once a Goni has been stressed it dies no matter what. The fact that yours is coming back is a good thing, but be prepared just in case. Now the key is no big swings while you're making corrections. Slow and steady. We (men) have a tendency to want quick fixes and overdo it on dumping chemicals in. "Must fix now!" Resist that.
I am fighting my man instinct and trying to go slowly. I am not doing to many things at once and when I do I wait a couple of days and take another reading. I have a doser so I am making changes slowly. I know these are live organisms that the shock of a sudden change can kill even if it is for the good.
Thanks for the reminder. I think we all need to be reminded of this to keep it front of mind.
Thanks
Richard

I am fighting my man instinct and trying to go slowly. I am not doing to many things at once and when I do I wait a couple of days and take another reading. I have a doser so I am making changes slowly. I know these are live organisms that the shock of a sudden change can kill even if it is for the good.
Thanks for the reminder. I think we all need to be reminded of this to keep it front of mind.
Thanks
Richard
Of course we do. Most of us are men and over do everything.

Back