Neptune Aquatics

Plasma light

tuberider said:
Thales said:
I had one over a coral tank...

Had? Does the growth study tank count?

I had the same light being used for the study over the filefish tank..the color was odd and the corals seemed to react oddly to it after 1 day. Since it looked strange and the animals were on display, I removed it.

I did talk to the Plasma people at Reefstock and offered to put their lights over my home reef. They suggested I wait for the new configuration and new color.

Color aside, can you define "oddly"? Did they (coral) retract? Spill their guts out? Over inflate? etc etc?

Was wondering how good they are, how much electricity that actually use (different place gave me different energy input), the spread of the light, and etc.

Was thinking about doing a DIY with the lumenarc, but not sure if the light is sticking out of the socket or if it is rested inside where it wouldn't reflect as well.

psionicdragon said:
Was wondering how good they are, how much electricity that actually use (different place gave me different energy input), the spread of the light, and etc.

Was thinking about doing a DIY with the lumenarc, but not sure if the light is sticking out of the socket or if it is rested inside where it wouldn't reflect as well.

The new ones have a built in reflector actually made for them. an LAIII or mini would be a waste of your money.

FWIW, I have two of the Beta versions from Stray Light and will be installing on a new 150 gallon build. I'll be starting a build thread soon...

Back