got ethical husbandry?

please help. baby octopus in our 29 biocube don't know what to do

I saw the little octopus at OT, We named her Ursula; my little girl went with me and she was fascinated to see Ursula (From the Little Mermaid)

JRocha said:
thanks for the praise but it is my girlfriend Rachaels tank and her octo. so technically speaking she is the lucky one. I just helped start the tank with my water, rocks, and sand from my 240 gallon reef tank. after 2 days of it running we got the octopus and it was out all day everyday eating like crazy. little did we know it was carrying babies. I do help out with her tank since she was a newbie so it was a joint effort. ANYWAY. We are going to set up a 8 gallon biocube at Ocean Treasures for them until thales and or bookfish can take them and care for them properly so head down today and check these little guys out. there are about 50 that we have captured so far. so many more in the filter that I cannot catch. I hope they make it and I can see them grow at the steinhart. wish us luck and drop by at Ocean Treasures in about 2 hours or so so we can get the tank up and runnig. we are taking all 8 gallons from the 29 biocube to put in the 8 gallon biocube so no cycle is necessary. believe me this process works really well as I have done this with my 12 gallon jbj and the 29 biocube. no cycle just add fish and coral after 2 days or even the same day. sorry for the novel just so damn excited to be a part of this.

Don't deny paternity, you were involved too :bigsmile:

Congratulations !!

Back