Reef nutrition

Popper's IM200ext

How are you liking the IM?
They were on my blacklist back when they launched due to numerous stories of poor construction but it seems things have changed? Any opinions on IM/Waterbox/RSR?

Btw, I still have (not) your Palmer’s Blue Mille from a decade ago - Just saw it come from @kvosstra ;) Hoping it survives the recent breakdown and passed it onto another member as well.

Last edited:
They were on my blacklist back when they launched due to numerous stories of poor construction but it seems things have changed? Any opinions on IM/Waterbox/RSR?

Btw, I still have your Palmer’s Blue Mille from a decade ago. Hoping it survives the recent breakdown and passed it onto another member as well.
Who has the Palmer’s?
A piece needs to get to either @derek_SR and or @Turkeysammich
I bought the original frag and Bondolo put it in the dbtc

Btw, I still have your Palmer’s Blue Mille from a decade ago. Hoping it survives the recent breakdown and passed it onto another member as well.
Ah dang! I got a piece from ReefBum since we didn't think anyone had it locally. Good to know it's still alive.

Fish list as of 4/14/24.

4" pbt in qt
2 bluedevil damsel in qt

4.5" yellow tang
4" blue tang
4" yellow belly blue tang
3.5" purple tang
2.5" bristletooth white tail
2." Bristletooth white tail

4.5" laboute wrasse ( @AMP Tank )
2.75" chaoti wrasse
2.75" checkers wrasse ( @tankguy )
2.5" pintail wrasse
2.25" red head colon wrasse

Gladiator clown ( @tankguy )
Wyoming clown
Black ice clown pair with Ocellaris clown

2.75" watanabe angel
2" flame angel

Mandarin goby
Bella goby ( @phatduckk )

3 blue eye anthias (1 male 2 female)

Last edited:

I'd love a piece of Palmer's to get the DBTC going again. My tank grows SPS really well right now and I've been itching for a piece of this for awhile.

Who has the Palmer’s?
A piece needs to get to either @derek_SR and or @Turkeysammich
I bought the original frag and Bondolo put it in the dbtc
I have a 6-7” round colony of it. Happy to kick it back into DBTC, but just to clarify, I’m pretty sure this wasn’t specifically a DBTC frag.
PM me; once it is settled in my tank I can give you a frag. I am in Berkeley. @derek_SR and @Turkeysammich PM me if you need. Frag too.

One less reason for me to get my hands wet. Thank you :D

I have a 6-7” round colony of it. Happy to kick it back into DBTC, but just to clarify, I’m pretty sure this wasn’t specifically a DBTC frag.

One less reason for me to get my hands wet. Thank you :D
If we can verify that it is from the same lineage as the DBTC piece I believe that would still warrant us continuing it on in the current chain. If we can't then it's not a huge deal to start a new DBTC.

Looks like a new thread is needed for the blue palmer.

At first 1, 2 ,3 replies about it is cool but then now there are 8 and this thread got side tracked. I understand it's not intentional and you're all excited the blue resurfaced from a decade ago. I feel if I don't mention it, there'll be more replies about it. No need to apologize.

A new thread would be beneficial if searching for palmer blue mille that it actually is related to palmer blue mille.

BOD, can you delete all the posts in this thread regarding the blue palmer or move them to a new thread? I'd like to keep this journal clean so I can refer to it.

Thanks

Sorry about that - Some folks enjoy the sidetracks :D

To your tank thread -
Any opinions on IM/Waterbox/RSR?

Looks like a new thread is needed for the blue palmer.

At first 1, 2 ,3 replies about it is cool but then now there are 8 and this thread got side tracked. I understand it's not intentional and you're all excited the blue resurfaced from a decade ago. I feel if I don't mention it, there'll be more replies about it. No need to apologize.

A new thread would be beneficial if searching for palmer blue mille that it actually is related to palmer blue mille.

BOD, can you delete all the posts in this thread regarding the blue palmer or move them to a new thread? I'd like to keep this journal clean so I can refer to it.

Thanks
Sorry for the detour…

Sorry about that - Some folks enjoy the sidetracks :D

To your tank thread -
Any opinions on IM/Waterbox/RSR?
I'm an IM junkie due to the clean look, reasonably priced, quality build and availability . Currently have this, a 50g and a 14g.

Past and current tanks consist of IM 10, 14, 20, 40, 50, 100 and this 200.

Im actually looking for an IM 30 just to fill in the gap. Haha. There's one on CL but it has 2 bad chips. I think there's also an IM 15g.

IM just released a 240g.

Can't comment on other brand except RSR is known to have blown seams than most.

Whatever you decide, go with an external overflow for a clean flush smooth back panel interior look and it provides a larger landscaping real estate.

If I'm to order a new set, I wouldn't buy a new sump because it's in the stand and I don't look at it often enough to justify a handsome price tag.

Last edited:
I'm an IM junkie due to the clean look, reasonably priced, quality build and availability . Currently have this, a 50g and a 14g.

Past and current tanks consist of IM 10, 14, 20, 40, 50, 100 and this 200.

Im actually looking for an IM 30 just to fill in the gap. Haha. There's one on CL but it has 2 bad chips. I think there's also an IM 15g.

IM just released a 240g.

Can't comment on other brand except RSR is known to have blown seams than most.

Whatever you decide, go with an external overflow for a clean flush smooth back panel interior look and it provides a larger landscaping real estate.

If I'm to order a new set, I wouldn't buy a new sump because it's in the stand and I don't look at it often enough to justify a handsome price tag.

IM 50 EXT. Dimensions are better than Waterbox. Comes with pump, more usable space in sump (Eesh, nevermind...), and...What else? Sell me on it :D
(Aluminum stands are standard now? Wow.)

RIP Bella goby. You didn't eat in hospital tank with prazi pro. You swam carefree. Probably starved yourself to death. Perhaps it was a hunger strike.
20240421_090601.jpg

Back