Neptune Aquatics

Proposed change to BARCode waiting list

JVU

President
BOD
BARCode auto-generates an estimated wait time for people in the waiting lists for equipment. This is completely made up, and it contributes to a sense that the waiting list is a line and that people have to wait their turn. This is not true at all, but it results in some lists just stalling out like the Band Saw list.

I propose we should get rid of the estimated days to get the item, and replace it with the number of days the person has been on the waiting list. This is actually real data and also more useful info, mostly because it will allow us to see which users almost certainly have forgotten they are even on the waiting list. Also would allow us to come up with a policy of removing people who are sitting on waiting lists for too long, so that we can keep things moving.

@svreef

Last edited:
I've had the large suction cups for so long. I get daily text messages and conversations on the forum. I'm just waiting for someone new who needs it, though I guess I could pass it on to @The_Lazy_Reefer or something.

Back