got ethical husbandry?

Question for real estate expert?

OK, I've been lagging on re-flooring my condo - REALLY lagging (wife bitching at me for not getting it done). We bought the condo knowing full well that we were going to do some upgrading of the place before re-selling it to into get a house that would fit our live style - me with a fish room ;D. Of course, for the price we paid for the condo in South San francsico, we could've bought a 5 bed room 3 bath house in "far" east bay area like fairfield.

I've already bought the laminate flooring from COSTCO (when they had that $20 per box sale) and have been sitting in the great room for sometime now. But, now I've been thinking about getting bamboo flooring instead.

Question for the "expert":
Which of the two product, laminate or bamboo flooring, will increases the resale value of the house/condo?

I want to get this right and get as much equity from this re-flooring project.

Thanks

No real estate expert here, but bamboo flooring is attractive for being green. I'm not so keen on the design of the flooring though, and prefer hard wood flooring to pergo or bamboo but that's just my preference. Is there anyone else in your community that has bamboo flooring so you can get an idea of what it looks like before you put it in.

Any type of wood flooring will increase the value of a home, Bamboo is cool looking and is a renewable resource too, so I would say go for it. Go green !!!!

Bamboo looks nice, but it will scratch/gouge/get destroyed like nobody's business. It's not very strong at all as far as flooring, now if you don't wear shoes in the house, don't have kids, or pets then it'll be great. There's a reason why it's called HARDwood flooring, bamboo is neither wood, nor hard.

But depending upon your laminate flooring, I'd probably go for the bamboo since you won't be living with the after effects :D Seriously, if it's decent laminate, use that, if it's cheaper stuff, don't bother.

Back