got ethical husbandry?

r0ck0's modern reef

r0ck0 said:
No one likes my video? I know the editing sucks and the color is washed out and the exposure and focus could be better. Anyone have any experience making videos and can recommend good camera settings? I have a canon vixia HG21 camera.
My Panasonic was a "Zoom Macro" mode. If yours has one, use the tripod, pick a subject, set "Zoom Macro" mode "on" and move the tripod to capture the best composition of each shot. Then get extra cool and narrate your images to discuss any thing of particular interest. Otherwise, have the BB King satellite blues channel on cable and have it in the background.
Nice work..........perfect your video expertise, we don't have a lot of video content on the forum, yours is most welcome. :)

bee505 said:
Great work. You have lots of spacing for the frags to grow.

I cant tell if you are being sarcastic. My original inspiration for my first reef tank was Julian Sprung. He had his tank crammed full of coral, the acros were growing onto the glass. Can't find any good pics but its the cover of vol. 1 of The Reef Aquarium by J. Charles Delbeek, Julian Sprung. I don't know how but I have a copy signed by both authors, TO THE HIGHEST BIDDER

busy day at work, man I'm bored.

screebo said:
...video content on the forum, yours is most welcome. :)

Well glad to hear it, I will certainly be posting more. Great way to see the growth and change of the tank. Hopefully my video making skills will improve.

Bennett's being entirely honest with you. That's why I made my comment 'cause I'm in serious over crowding trouble in my tank and will always be pruning in order to not have branching coral mixing it up in the tank!

Unagi........Unagi............Unagi...........Unagi...............

Got a webcam, check it out.

http://gas.dyn-o-saur.com:8080

user: fish
pass: fish

Also got these LED strip lights that can change color and comes with a remote control. They work great for moon lights. $50 at frys.
http://ppa-usa.com/olshargb.html

If you look at the webcam the moon lights will probably be on, either white or blue. The blue work nicely to bring out the florescence in the corals and the white are just enough for the webcam and night viewing.

I think that the blue polyps are somewhat worse than gsp, only in that you cannot isolate them to one rock. Mine formed small off-white orbs in the centers, and after that they popped up every where (even on the glass). I was battling nutrient issues at the time and I think that contributed to the rapid spread.

They are def. pretty, just be careful.

sendo said:
I think that the blue polyps are somewhat worse than gsp, only in that you cannot isolate them to one rock. Mine formed small off-white orbs in the centers, and after that they popped up every where (even on the glass). I was battling nutrient issues at the time and I think that contributed to the rapid spread.

The Blue Plague I call em :(

GreshamH said:
sendo said:

The Blue Plague I call em :(

Well, out they go. I got a friend who has a 55 FOWLR, and only one fish, my old mccoskers wrasse, I will give them to him. I'm trying to get him to raise snails. His only filtration right now is 80lbs of nice live rock and a canister filter with a little bit of carbon in it. I gave him some caulerpa, blade and grape, so he can get rid of his hair algae. Now I'm going to infect his tank with blue cloves, some blue tub zoas and GSP.

r0ck0 said:
bee505 said:
Great work. You have lots of spacing for the frags to grow.

I cant tell if you are being sarcastic. My original inspiration for my first reef tank was Julian Sprung. He had his tank crammed full of coral, the acros were growing onto the glass. Can't find any good pics but its the cover of vol. 1 of The Reef Aquarium by J. Charles Delbeek, Julian Sprung. I don't know how but I have a copy signed by both authors, TO THE HIGHEST BIDDER

busy day at work, man I'm bored.
I found it.
The%20Reef%20Aquarium.jpg

The day is approaching to give it your best
You've got to reach your prime!
That's when you need to put yourself to the test
And show us the passage of time.
We're gonna need a montage. (Montage)
A sports-training montage! (Montage)

And just show a lot of things happenin' at once.
Remind everyone of what's goin' on. (What's goin' on?)
And with every shot, show a little improvement
To show it won't take too long.
That's called a montage. (Montage)
Even Rocky had a montage! (Montage)

In any sport, if you want to go
From just a beginner to a pro
You'll need a montage. (Montage)
A simple little montage! (Montage)

Always fade out (Montage) into a montage... (Montage)
If you fade out it seems like a long time (Montage) has passed in a montage... (Montage)
Montage... (Montage)

GreshamH said:
Oops IIRC the 3rd volume cover is a photo montage.

Charles Delbeek (co-author) informed me it is indeed a montage, not 100%, but it is one. Vol #2 is 100% a montage. Both covers were done by Julian's brother using Photoshop :D

Gomer said:
Does anything eat those little blue bastards?

I heard there is a nudi, never seen it, probably never will :(

Nothing I have touches it... hopefully it won't make it into my new tank.

Given Charles told me specifically #2 & #3 were done that way, it would be safe to assume #1 is not :D

IIRC #1 was Julian's 10g (or was it 15g) nano tank. Quick scan of the first few pages reveals this to be true :) Photo was done by Leon Corry :D

GreshamH said:
Given Charles told me specifically #2 & #3 were done that way, it would be safe to assume #1 is not :D

IIRC #1 was Julian's 10g (or was it 15g) nano tank. Quick scan of the first few pages reveals this to be true :) Photo was done by Leon Corry :D

Ya I would love to see a full tank write up with pics on that. Nano tanks are great, cheap and easy to stock. Thanks $10 frags!

Since you have spoken with Charles do you have any idea how many signed copies there are floating around and how I happened to get one? I bought the book from a local fish store of the shelf way back when...

Back