High Tide Aquatics

Rainbow monti or monti's in general

I need peoples experience here. How long does it take for their monti showed true color? Meaning I had a sunset that took a month before getting the orange base. For some reason I can't get this rainbow and pokerstar to get its color ??? I have the rainbow about 7-8 inches away from the surface, and the poker star is half way down the tank 12 inches. My superman is doing great along with my shamrock and all of the other monti's. Any one want to educate me on what I should be doing? I noticed when they are spreading the new tissue created is blue but not the body itself? Thanks for listening.

IME, they like a ton of light to color up. Also your nutrients may be a bit high if they are not getting their bright color. Another thing to note not all rainbows and pokerstars are created equally. Some are brighter than others.

Wow fast reply thanks. I've seen the rainbow color up when I got it from a club member (northcoastreeferS) so its placed high (been there for 1 week so far) so I'm waiting to see what happens.

[quote author=iani link=topic=4294.msg51986#msg51986 date=1218512074]
No problem, let us know how it does.
[/quote]

I'll post some pics late tonight. For some reason I'm procrastinating on entering my work data, plus I meet up with the boss tomorrow too. Fun times, not!

Yah, some are brighter than others.

Seems like they color best when growing the fastest. So hit them with a ton of light, flow, and keep the alk up.

I like to keep Pokerstar type near the top.

Yeah lots of light good flow, my pokerstar is near my vortec (lower than it but I do think it gets quite a bit of nice current hitting it). Also too many stores are flat out deceptive liars, they see a coral that's blue with green polyps and they go "oh that's a pokerstar" right after it got transshipped to them.

The sunset I picked up at the swap is more brown than orange, but I'll put it in a similar place as my "true" sunset, and see how they work out.

Back