Jestersix

Randy's Red Sea Reefer 250

A hungry bleeding apple scoly at night.

FF3CF6AF-6303-406C-8599-86D71B033333.jpeg

I rescaped the reefer 250 some months ago and started from all frags. I still kept all the 5.5 year old sand and the old media, but have a different set of rocks in there.

Went a little torch heavy as I don’t have so much a torch garden as I do a whole torch bed. :) Now just waiting for the acros to grow in from the tiny little frags. Here’s a torch heavy video of the tank as it stands today.

I did change the lights a little. Put up two Radion XR30 Pros G4 and one XR15 Pro G4. I also added a couple Nero 3 pumps mounted on the side of the overflow to add some more randomness to the flow.

6DDC9B7A-437B-4EE7-B316-4C8F19734B8F.jpeg

Last edited:
That’s so cool with the acros in back and torches down front. And I like that you removed the tank backing for a deeper impression.

I’m convinced Heart of the Ocean is a hoeksemai now given the way it’s growing for you. Hoeks take a long time to take off and don’t seem to like low nutrients so hopefully you’ve got or are dosing nitrates?

I’ve always been terrible at IDing acros especially the really close ones. I’ll take your word for it! :)

I keep my nitrates around 5 and try to keep phosphates in the 0.05 range (they’re usually somewhere between 0.03 and 0.1). I feed plenty, but I still dose some Sodium Nitrate to keep it up. I’ve tried just feeding more, but that ends up making phosphates harder to manage.

Back