Reef nutrition

Reef Cleaners Group Buy

I guess it depends on the shipment they get. Last year I bought 12 from them but I didn’t look to see which species it was. Those did not touch any Aiptasia. When I went 2 weeks ago they only had the Lysmata ankeri. I asked if they can get Wurdemanni.

This was the response:
“Unfortunately suppliers don’t list the species when ordering typically. They are just listed as peppermint shrimp.”
When I order form Quality Marine they list the species

I bought 10 peppermint shrimp from Kenny on Wednesday. Fingers crossed they do their job. I feel confident they will work since Kenny puts frags into the peppermint tank and they devour the aiptasia. In a email he said the ones I had bought decimated 50-100 blue clove polyps a week ago.

I bought 10 peppermint shrimp from Kenny on Wednesday. Fingers crossed they do their job. I feel confident they will work since Kenny puts frags into the peppermint tank and they devour the aiptasia. In a email he said the ones I had bought decimated 50-100 blue clove polyps a week ago.
That’s good to know. I have one that has returned after it was devoured by the aiptasia file fish -

I've had a aiptaisa eating file fish from Biota since the beginning of the year and have never seen it eat aiptasia.

Here are some pictures of a few of the shrimp I got from Kenny. None of them appear to be Wurdemanni.

Attachments

• IMG_6418.jpeg
    IMG_6418.jpeg
    43.8 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_6422.jpeg
    IMG_6422.jpeg
    168.5 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_6424.jpeg
    IMG_6424.jpeg
    149.2 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_6425.jpeg
    IMG_6425.jpeg
    33.7 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_6426.jpeg
    IMG_6426.jpeg
    37.7 KB · Views: 72
Looks like two different types but who knows if diet has an effect on their color.

I know mine took a few weeks but now I haven't seen any aiptasia in a long time. They definitely are more active at night in my experience and when a night light or room light is turned on while the main light is off, they start scurrying around looking for food.

Back