Our mission

ReeFi Uno 2.1 Pro released

What's the benefit of the beefier power supply?

The main reason for switching power supply is the vendor for the original Uno 2.0 Pro decided not to honor our previous agreement. I found another vendor with better specs (high wattage) and this one is both CE and UL certified. Beefier power supply means you're not stressing out the power supply component as much. Also, if you daisy chain multiple Uno2 Pros to 1 power supply, now can do so with slightly higher wattage. For example, I have 4 Uno2 Pros, that I run peak at 46 watts, daisy chained to 1 power supply. Just need to make sure the total wattage do not exceed the power supply.

The main reason for switching power supply is the vendor for the original Uno 2.0 Pro decided not to honor our previous agreement. I found another vendor with better specs (high wattage) and this one is both CE and UL certified. Beefier power supply means you're not stressing out the power supply component as much. Also, if you daisy chain multiple Uno2 Pros to 1 power supply, now can do so with slightly higher wattage. For example, I have 4 Uno2 Pros, that I run peak at 46 watts, daisy chained to 1 power supply. Just need to make sure the total wattage do not exceed the power supply.
Does the new one also allow for use on power bars safely? Or was that a problem inherent to the spikes in power coming from the bars?

Also given the impressive amount of PAR I think a lot of people are running multiple units at <100 watts like @derek_SR so they theoretically could cut out some power bricks to declutter. (I'm an outlier at 112w on a 29g nano because I use egg crate as my fish jumping guard and it eats up a lot of light). Granted, a software update for daisy chain mode to prevent a slider or preset going past a wattage limit would be safest in this situation.

Perfect world would be Hydros Kraken integration of course! But that's way easier said then done I understand ;)

How does one physically daisy-chain the lights anyway? That definitely raised my eyebrows - I would love to reduce the number of bricks and keep some in the garage as backups.

Happy to see you pop in on BAR, Daniel :)

Wow, thank you for the reply, and welcome to our space

Welcome Daniel! Lots of Reefi fans here, and that daisy chain comment made me curious too, since I am running out of plugs, and adding two additional Reefis is currently on hold because of these logistics.

From pics it looks like the power supply is wired with a standard DC jack. I personally use basic DC splitter cables to do this in other situations. Making sure that the total power draw across all things plugged in is within range.

I'm not sure what was meant in the other post, and I don't have a reefi, but should with with anything that use a DC jack.

Seems like there are a bit of interested in the Daisy Chain DC Cable. I went ahead and made it available to purchase online. I was going to wait till I update the firmware with power limiting option before releasing the cable but been low priority.

https://www.reefi-lab.com/product/daisy-chain-dc-cable/

The daisy chain cable are 16 awg wires to support the high current draw of the Uno 2.x Pros. Yes, you can make your own, just use 16 awg wires or thicker to prevent overheating the wires and high voltage drop out. The connectors are 2.5mm x 5.5mm, 1 female to 2 right angle males.

Warning prior to firmware update with power limiting feature, make do not overload the power supply. The combined max wattage must be less than rated max wattage on the power supply.

Seems like there are a bit of interested in the Daisy Chain DC Cable. I went ahead and made it available to purchase online. I was going to wait till I update the firmware with power limiting option before releasing the cable but been low priority.

The daisy chain cable are 16 awg wires to support the high current draw of the Uno 2.x Pros. Yes, you can make your own, just use 16 awg wires or thicker to prevent overheating the wires and high voltage drop out. The connectors are 2.5mm x 5.5mm, 1 female to 2 right angle males.

Warning prior to firmware update with power limiting feature, make do not overload the power supply. The combined max wattage must be less than rated max wattage on the power supply.

Awesome, love the right angle connectors too!

This is so cool, eliminating power bricks is key for some big systems for decluttering!

Back