Kessil

Reefshepherd’s Nano

99B70EB5-75F5-4F54-B1E9-CF2D0F33C88A.jpeg
I had this tank setup about 10 years ago. Just moved out all the neocardinia shrimp to my daughters tank and my office. Started with 13 and have about 100 now.

Have a bakpak skimmer(not in picture) hydor koralia 426, Kessil A80 amd some tp-link Kasa smart plugs. This will be a mixed reef.
Thinking of adding a bag of phosphate media in the hang on back filter with no other filter media. Or could I just put it in the skimmer biobale area (I don’t use the biobale).

I’m ordering supplies to build a reef pi controller. Eventually I’d like to have a diy refugium and ato system.

oh yeah and the cabinet I built from poplar as a teenager. I’ll take pics of it next time.

It’s shaping up. Here is a photo with my diy stand. There is a matching hood that I may put back in use, but right now I’m enjoying the light reflection on the ceiling.
image.jpg

Future 10gal sump/refugium.
Soon I will add baffles and sand to refugium. They are cut. Just need to get aquarium silicone. Got sea lettuce so I have the option of feeding it to fish. It also came with a thread of chaeto which may grow?

Planning to use a diy pvc overflow like this one.
967D67B7-2BBE-45DF-A479-37E96A94BD04.jpeg
and will be receiving a leviathan board to build a reef pi controller soon. I have also ordered a DI filter to add to our kitchen to unit. Also getting 50ft of RO tubing, connectors and ball salve so I can connect it when I want to fill autotopoff reservoir. From the kitchen about 25ft away. RO water is currently at about 35 (our well water is about 300) and I’m hoping the DI filter will bring that down.
image.jpg

The next post will feature all the corals I received from coralreefer. Only the birdsnest struggled a bit but I moved it and it’s coming back now. I will have some zoas for dbtc soon.

Last edited:
Back