Neptune Aquatics

Return chamber level creeps up

svreef

Webmaster
BOD
My return chamber level has been too high for a while. So, yesterday, I adjusted the overflow valve, turned up the return pump 20% and removed water from the sump until it was at the right level. I also checked that the ATO solenoid is not leaking.

Today, the level is too high again - and I can’t figure out why. ATO has not run at all.

My ATO solenoid seems to be busted and leaks water into the sump. The float valve saved me from a flood!
I had a similar thing just happen. I have a Tunze Water Controller 8555 filling a 5 gallon bucket from RODI (to avoid salt creep), then a Tunze Osmolator drawing from there to top off my tank in the sump. I figured out today when I looked in the 5g bucket that it was (too) full up to the backup float valve. After some testing I found the solenoid of the 8555 was leaking slightly. This also used up all my DI resin from creep, annoyingly.

I’ve had this system running fine for like 5 years so not complaining about the hardware by the way. Just a coincidence and reminder to myself to be watchful for things that aren’t right.

Back