Cali Kid Corals

RO/DI question

Hey guys, I got a RODI unit that has been sitting around for a while. I can see there is some green algae stuff in the cartridge (the unit was sitting outside for a little while). I hook it up and check the TDS. It's only 1ppm. Is it ok to use that water or should I replace all the filter and DI resin?

Probably best to replace. Even though unused I highly suspect both the carbon and DI resin are shot.

Thanks Gresham.. If they are shot, shouldn't the TDS much higher? Tapwater is ~300ppm. Wasted water is ~200ppm. Clean water is 1ppm.

mine sits near a window and also has some brown algae going on, I've been using it no problem at 0 - 1ppm for awhile as well.

It's not the algae I question, it's the exposure to co2 and such.

Was the unit sealed (product capped and waste capped)? If not change carbon and DI resin. Or not. If it were me I would.

It was not capped. The rejection rate is really bad. I will replace the the filters and DI resin. I'm not sure if it will help at all but I get only about 4G of good water and 32G of wasted.

Thanks for the response guys.. I guess sometimes you can't be cheap :bigsmile: ..

I'm in the same boat as you Phong. My DI system wasn't capped while I was storing it, so I need to replace as well. Where you planning on buying from?

Air, Water and Ice.. I bought the filters and resin already. I won the cert. at the swap. If you need filters and some DI resin, lmk. We can do 50/50. You don't have to pay for shipping just the price of the stuff.

Back