got ethical husbandry?

Roc's 120 version 2.0 - FOWLR tank

Got the stand finished sans doors, got everything stained and inside painted with killz, gonna work on getting the plumbing set up so I can get some LR and water to n there

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    145.8 KB · Views: 238
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    71.3 KB · Views: 265
Well got some work done, got the plumbing all complete which was a major step towards getting my garage cleaned out....lol. Got my eels home started , picked up some sand and rock from Diablo corals, and started killing the rank. Gonna try and get the hood finished tomorrow

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    46.3 KB · Views: 228
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    45.1 KB · Views: 237
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    106.9 KB · Views: 230
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    43.3 KB · Views: 225
Well realized my big forget (I always have 1 when i try and do tank builds while doing to much other stuff), forgot to put a gate valve on the main drain, so right now the tank is louder then a 6 year old playing drums, gonna pick one up on the way home and fix that right away.

Got the plumbing fixed, trying to figure the flow as the sand on the far side of tank is being displaced , so that a work in progress. I hooked up my carbon/gfo reactor cuz the water was so drity looking from the dry sand, not sure if it's good to do or not, never heard anyone say not to, just not to run the skimmer at 1st. I'm almost done with the hood, which will be nice to at least have some kind of color....lol

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    73.2 KB · Views: 221
You're still way faster than my build.
yea i have seen your progress, I am going slow for me, but not I'm trucking, tank is running, got the powerheads moved so it not moving my sand all around, got the hood built today and got the 1st coat of stain on it, gonna finish the stain tomorrow, wire up the lights and boom I will have some color, only blue, but its better then nothing...LOL

Well I got my test kit in today so I did some tests

Results 6/8/16
Amonina 2.0ppm
Nitrite 2.0ppm
Nitrate 20ppm
Ph 8.0

So it's ready for fish right guys.....

6/12/16
Results 6/12/16
Amonnia .25ppm
Nirtrate 10ppm
PH 8.0
Nitrite 2.0ppm

Things are going in the right direction, I'll test again in a week or so

Learned a big lesson yesterday while adding some water to lower the salinity to 1.025, if you use locline as a return when the pump is off it will create a back suction and keep dumping water back into the sump even through the water level is now lower then the drains, finally figured it out but not before I dumped some water on the floor.

Back