Reef nutrition

rose petal macroalgae

[quote author=bluenassarius link=topic=3162.msg35179#msg35179 date=1204007382]
lol, ok norman you got it :) hey you still have frogfish? :) i've never seen em when i was over :p
[/quote]

Hehe... thanks!

Frogfishes are in the 2 middle compartments on the cubicle tank. Probably too much coralline and other algae in there for you to see them, haha.

Here's a pic I just took of the wartskin (A. maculatus). He was black with red dots when I got him. He lost his juvenile coloration and turned into this color morph.

DSCN2243.jpg

Can't get a pic of the A. pictus. He's hiding in the back of his compartment.

Yep, come on over!

I've been cutting up pieces of Ocean Nutrition gel cubes for them. I used to give them pieces of fish market shrimp, but haven't done that in a long time. Seem to be doing pretty good with the gel cubes.

Tank needs cleaning so kinda blurry...

DSCN2244.jpg

They normally eat live food, but you can train them to take frozen food if you're patient.

I start with live ghost shrimp skewered on some fishing line. After a week or so I freeze the shrimps and use the fishing line again. After the frogfish gets used to non live ghost shrimps, I sneak in some other type of food.

[quote author=Mr. Ugly link=topic=3162.msg35189#msg35189 date=1204010341]
Tank needs cleaning so kinda blurry...

DSCN2244.jpg

They normally eat live food, but you can train them to take frozen food if you're patient.

I start with live ghost shrimp skewered on some fishing line. After a week or so I freeze the shrimps and use the fishing line again. After the frogfish gets used to non live ghost shrimps, I sneak in some other type of food.
[/quote]

nice coloration on that fish. have you kept it in a reef before? i like how they corner their prey then gobble em down. it's soo neat!

got you down for a piece qviv

Back