Kessil

Ryan's 75G SPS

Thanks Jon & Jim.

I feed heavily but my acros coloration is still on the light side, today I did a reading NO3 is between 0.2 to 0.5 (def. lighter than the pink if 1), PO3 (Hanna checker) is 0.02. I ordered some coral foods from ZEOVIT will give them a try.

Bio-pallet is an interesting concept but so far there seems mixed results, looks like one of it big promise which is keeping bacteria population in the reactor is hard to achieve though.

Picked up this one from Aquarium Showroom following John's lead, I am overall pretty lucky with fishes, but need some extra luck on this one

IMG_2097_crop.jpg

My miami hurricane under actinic:

IMG_2008.JPG

Picked up a frag of Hoeki from ATL last week while I am waiting in my son's painting class, I know Hoeki is tough to keep, but just can not resist that blue.

IMG_2032.jpg

Good news the CBB did knock out few big aiptasias, bad news he is having serious infections on body and looks very week, hope he can make it.

Few random shots today, did a remodel on rockwork about week ago, took out more than 50% rocks due to Aiptasia dominating.

Most SPS are not in best color and growth is still no good, but I believe I am getting there. Some day I will grow some huge colonies and hopefully have a tank of dense forest.

IMG_2488.JPG

IMG_2453.JPG

IMG_2486.JPG

IMG_2457.JPG

IMG_2499.JPG

Looking good Ryan! Seems like you took a lot of your rocks out. Are those cardinals on your last pic? Thinking of getting some tiny fishes with my tank 'cause my maroon and midas will look giants inside my tank..hehe.

Thanks Manny. Yeah that were lot of rocks I took out, thanks god all of corals and fishes made it, they do look stressed for awhile I guess the tank went through a half-cycle. I have been dosing bacteria and carbon heavily till today, I am starting to reducing to regular dosage.

Yeah these are blue eye cardinals, they are pretty cool (even not very colorful), keep in tight group and maintain the hierarchy most of time.
Sometimes I am thinking to only keep a groups of cardinal and a group of small anthias only, no other fishes , that will make the tank looks bigger, haha. But it is hard to resist those bigger fishes like tangs or reef-safe angels... they are so pretty and so much personality.

I would love to have 3-4 of those in my tank but it might be too much. I'll be getting a pair of clowns for simplicity and ease of care..hehe.

BTW don't know what is wrong with the image of blue tang, it always come out with red casting. I had zero adjustment on these pictures though, I feel color come out pretty accurate out of box.

Back