Saltwatersig's 120 gallon journey

Discussion in 'Tank Journals' started by saltwatersig, Oct 26, 2011.

1. saltwatersig

saltwatersig Volunteer

still cant get camera colors dialed in so here are some pics with blue lights on and some without

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

neuro and jonmos75 like this.
  2. saltwatersig

saltwatersig Volunteer

3. saltwatersig

saltwatersig Volunteer

4. Enderturtle

Enderturtle Volunteer

I was trying to remember which member had the tank journal with the gold hammer! It was you!

Amazing tank with probably the best looking corals in the club (that I've seen). What camera are you using and are you doing any post-processing to deal with the color balance issues?

5. saltwatersig

saltwatersig Volunteer

6. saltwatersig

saltwatersig Volunteer

7. saltwatersig

saltwatersig Volunteer

Yes it was me with gold hammer and orange hammer but unfortunately I lost them both due to an imbalance of parameters .

Thanks for the compliment

8. saltwatersig

saltwatersig Volunteer

I am using a canon rebel xti with standard kit supplied lens 18-55 , I use picasa to try and get some of the blue out

9. Enderturtle

Enderturtle Volunteer

Are these black hornets?!

zoas.jpg

10. saltwatersig

saltwatersig Volunteer

yes they are . very slow growers

11. saltwatersig

saltwatersig Volunteer

12. bee505

bee505 Supporting Member

Those are some nice shots. Very nice.

13. neuro

neuro Webmaster

Is this shades of fall?!
    jeez, i've been looking for something like this. I'd be very interested in a small frag!!

I really appreciate the dual pics you took. It really helps with putting together the true color of your tank in my mind.
    How do you prevent glare & reflection from your lights when you take a top down picture?

14. saltwatersig

saltwatersig Volunteer

It started as a pink lemonaid but after bleaching out and making a come back under led lights it now has the shades of fall look (although I did have both of those acros at one time so it just might be the shades of fall vs pink lemonaid).

I use a look down camera box that another reefer made a while back. Also use the tube look down camera enclosure by AVAST

As soon as I can figure when the next meeting that I can attend , I would be more than happy to bring you a frag

neuro likes this.
  15. Enderturtle

Enderturtle Volunteer

FYI Regional swap on September 12. We'll be incorporating bonus rounds and I'm sure that coral would qualify.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2015
  16. swayd

swayd Guest

Holy cow! How have I missed out on these beautiful pics! Great looking tank man, if you ever frag any SPS let me know I will be more than happy to buy some stuff off of you! Once again you have an amazing reef!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. neuro

neuro Webmaster

That's totally different than how my pink lemonade looks. Maybe I actually have something else!

Good info on the box. Maybe I should get one.

18. Geneva

Geneva Supporting Member

Stunning pictures - everything is so beautiful!!

19. Ahruk

Ahruk Guest

So beautiful!

20. Reef Keeper

Reef Keeper Supporting Member

+1: Good reconnecting on Saturday. Happy travels. :)

saltwatersig likes this.