Neptune Aquatics

Salty_Taste650: Innovative Marine 50Gal Lagoon

Rocking with this aquascape for now… get it?

Feedback Appreciated

Connecting Light w/ Existing gateway has been HORRENDOUS to say the least. After 2+ hours tinkering attempting to pair the light together with the app, I finally was able to get it into Slow Acclimation mode. Now it's time to check par!

tempImagebOIYDr.jpg
DCC7AF6E-B7AD-4C21-A7C2-712D757A4A35.jpeg

Last edited:
IceCap K1 Nano Protein Skimmer: Love it

Approaching 1 month fallow, plan is to get everything in within a week and shut down the 14gal. Originally wanted 3 months but things change. Excited!
C1CABC69-78AB-489A-90B2-04C1336C7C59.jpeg

Last edited:
My taste and preference is for way more rock. It creates caves so the fish feel more protected and come out more, as well as offering more biological filtration. With all the branches you have, you can make a really cool structure on top of a few mounds of fish hides.
Thinking the same thing of incorporating another level if possible. Will see what I can do w/ remaining rocks I can find laying around!

Looking good! Time to grow some coralline on those rocks. Seems like there's more room in the back too for more if you want to fill in more.

What's the plan for more fish and the shipped live rock?

Back will be holding my mother colonies of Koji Wada and Japanese Deepwater Toadstool!

I would love to pick up some live rock but I kinda just spend my funds on a ticket to Big Island instead haha…

Couple months down the road, interested in possibly adding any of the following:
- 1 Gold Neon Goby
- 1 Balloon Molly
- 1 Ruby Red Scooter ?
I think @under_water_ninja has one of those scooters out of QT right now. Really pretty fish.

Seems like there's lots of rehomed fish in the club to look out for also.

I think @under_water_ninja has one of those scooters out of QT right now. Really pretty fish.

Seems like there's lots of rehomed fish in the club to look out for also.
Don’t tempt me…. Now I guess I gotta pay a visit

Always in the market for a Yellow eye Kole or White tail Kole tang if anyone comes ever comes across this thread also! That’s a bucket list fish!

Last edited:
Controversial Corals: Weeping Willow + Fiji Yellow Leather

Is it really a Fiji Yellow(Sarcophyton Elegans)? Does the Tentacles droop like in Jake's video? I guess only time will Tell.

Love how the corals look under the new lights. Orphek V4 is legit. App control is terrible but happy with the results.
Screenshot 2023-05-14 at 17.52.51.png

Update: Consolidated Mangrove Project and placed most of them into the 50gal.

They acclimated well to salt and was able to get the roots growing well. Need to somehow get my hands on a 3d printed Mangrove holder for the 50gal if that is even possible.
tempImagepqoRVb.jpg
tempImageFDMrm9.jpg

Last edited:
PNG Super Black True Percula Pair
aka PNG Onyx True Percula Pair

Into Observation for a few weeks in the old IM 14g. Assuming they pull through, plan is to swap out my current pair for the new pair. Then I either gift to my dad or rehome...

IMG_2866.jpg

PNG SUPER BLACK TRUE PERCULA PAIR

*UPDATE*
- Eating Brine + Mysis from Day 1. Swimming good + No dots or questionable behavior.

Can't say the same for the other pairs from vendor. Some other owners hit me up with clowns displaying symptoms of brook.

Last edited:
PNG Super Black True Percula Pair
aka PNG Onyx True Percula Pair

Into Observation for a few weeks in the old IM 14g. Assuming they pull through, plan is to swap out my current pair for the new pair. Then I either gift to my dad or rehome...

View attachment 47496

PNG SUPER BLACK TRUE PERCULA PAIR

*UPDATE*
- Eating Brine + Mysis from Day 1. Swimming good + No dots or questionable behavior.

Can't say the same for the other pairs from vendor. Some other owners hit me up with clowns displaying symptoms of brook.
SAD SAD UPDATE in Observation:
Brooklynella has shown its ugly head.. Unfortunately

Week 1:
- Slightly timid, eating great! No problems, love the live brine + fish eggs, mysis, frozen brine, rotifers, baby brine. no meds
Week 2:
- Fish were doing great no problems eating anything and everything that was given their way about 4-5 times a day. Weekly water changes, no meds.
Week 3: Life got busy, WENT TO HAWAII for 7 Days. (Didnt know about any of this until I got back from my trip going into Week 4)
-Day 19 Female stopped eating
-Day 23 Male Stopped eating

Week 4:
- Both not eating, super clampy and female has gills slightly open. Sounds like brook to me.
Was not smart in preparing prior to taking ownership of buying medicine so just like every other reefer I am now scrambling to get my hands on products. I was debating between a fresh water dip or possibly hydrogen peroxide bath followed by 80% water change at this point at least to be proactive. Female is lethargic so it is a gamble but I mean feeding 4-5 times a day for 2 week does help fatten them up a bit.

Not officially part of the IM50AIO but I was hoping to swap out this pair for my current pair. Such a bummer

Hoping for the best...

Try to separate the 14g as far as you can from your other tank to reduce aerosol transfer and don't cross contaminate any equipment or tools (or your hands).

Try to separate the 14g as far as you can from your other tank to reduce aerosol transfer and don't cross contaminate any equipment or tools (or your hands).
Thanks for the heads up!

Ended up doing 100% water change in the 14gal, removing everything to clear it out.

Placed clowns in my old 3 gal and did the bath from there!

3 Month Update

Good:

- Tank Nutrients have finally balanced out
- Clownfish Pair hosting every coral + Becoming territorial (Spawning Soon)
- Mandarin Pair do the Courting Dance 2-3 times Weekly
- Mangroves + Corals Showing Good Growth
- Coraline Algae Growth

Bad:
- Algae / Dinos / Cyanos - time to introduce CUC. (Nothing too major yet - Normal Cycling)
- Neon Goby jumped out this morning when I woke up
- Saltwater Molly doesn't eat algae anymore (Fat Garfield)
- Bacteria Infection on Mushroom

New ADDITIONS:
- Pulsing Singularia Colony
- Purple + Yellow Stereonepthea

Where to purchases CUC? (HMU LOCAL REEFERS)
- Trochus Snails
- Nassarius Snails
- Cerith Snails
- Nerite Snail
- Astraea Snails
- Blue Leg Hermit Crabs
- Scarlett Red Hermit Crabs
- Conch
- Kukenthal's Shrimp
- Peppermint Shrimp
- Blood Red Shrimp

Livestock Considerations:
- Neon Cleaner Goby
- Yellow Cleaner Goby
- Molly
- Baby White Tail Kole (Temp for Algae then Transfer)

Last edited:
High Tide, Cali Kid, and Neptune have the majority of your cleanup crew needs. I haven't seen anyone carry the Kukenthal shrimp however lately.

3 Month Update

Good:

- Tank Nutrients have finally balanced out
- Clownfish Pair hosting every coral + Becoming territorial (Spawning Soon)
- Mandarin Pair do the Courting Dance 2-3 times Weekly
- Mangroves + Corals Showing Good Growth
- Coraline Algae Growth

Bad:
- Algae / Dinos / Cyanos - time to introduce CUC. (Nothing too major yet - Normal Cycling)
- Neon Goby jumped out this morning when I woke up
- Saltwater Molly doesn't eat algae anymore (Fat Garfield)
- Bacteria Infection on Mushroom

New ADDITIONS:
- Pulsing Singularia Colony
- Purple + Yellow Stereonepthea

Where to purchases CUC? (HMU LOCAL REEFERS)
- Trochus Snails
- Nassarius Snails
- Cerith Snails
- Nerite Snail
- Astraea Snails
- Blue Leg Hermit Crabs
- Scarlett Red Hermit Crabs
- Conch
- Kukenthal's Shrimp
- Peppermint Shrimp
- Blood Red Shrimp

Livestock Considerations:
- Neon Cleaner Goby
- Yellow Cleaner Goby

I just ordered my first live order from saltwateraquarium.com. I must say, I'm impressed. Everything was alive and still it. Bags were clearly marked with what's it in. Highly recommend if you don't buy local to check it out.

Back