High Tide Aquatics

Seen something crazy after the swap

So on Sat. I carpooled to the swap with Gonzo. We were on 101 northbound by SFO right before the 380 exit on the 2nd lane from the left. About 10 cars in front of us we see smoke and everyone hits the breaks. I see a freaking Honda Odyssea rolling over!!! I'm thinking to myself OMG!!! Gonzo didn't see the van rollover. We drive past the accident seen and we see a Honda Civic bashed up and the Honda Odyssey. I could not believe the Honda Odyssey. It landed on its wheels and the roof was not caved in. When I saw it roll the pivot point was on its front end so it looked like it missed the roof. The front end was the only part that was damaged and the glass looked in tack. The lady driving the van was stunned (who wouldn't be) and appeared to be moving. I didn't see any children or any other passengers in the van.

I've seen accidents before but this was by far the craziest.

I just saw the smoke and the van settling back to earth after an apparent flip. I also saw a third card in the accident reversing, which was weird to see on 101.

I'm still amazed that woman in the odyssey was alive and conscious. Crazy!!

There was an accident on my way to the swap on the other side of 880 too. I didn't see any accident on the way home. I'm glad I miss that one.

A long time ago, my whole family was going somewhere. A few cars ahead there was a Jeep in "Safari" colours. There were two guys up front and the guy in the back was sitting on the BACK of the seat. ie; his butt was on the backrest of the rear seat and his arms were draped over the roll bar as he was leaning forward. The light turns green and these guys ROCKET forward. About 10 seconds later, we see a giant cloud of dust ahead, when we catch up, the guy that was on the back is now lying in the middle of the road. There are some bystanders and one guy pipes up "Oh he's dead, I can tell" meanwhile the guys is moving around a bit.

This was back in the day, like 1990 or something, but as luck has it my Dad had a giant handheld motorola cell phone, which was in the trunk of our car, I dialled 911. I gotta say, there was a lot of excitement and I had to dial like 4 times before I could get the phone "on" and dial 911.

Brutal, the jeep flipped over, the driver was probably trying to make a high speed left turn IN A JEEP. The guy on the back with no seat belt and not protected by the rollbar was the guy in the middle of the road. I have no idea what happened after that.

I do remember that even though I wasn't involved in the accident, my hands were shaking trying to dial 911. Like I said, it took a few tries to get the call through.

Rolling a minivan? Wow.

Back